Dragon SU85-M

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi

I picked this up at Scale Model World in Telford this year. Just finished so I thought I'd see what folks think.

It's a straight kit build apart from the stowage which is mainly green-stuff putty.

Tried to show a vehicle as it might be during the final months of the war - I'll build a base sometime - probably a street scene.

Photos are a bit harsh as they are taken with iPhone under desk lamp.

Mark

IMG_1443.JPGIMG_1444.JPGIMG_1445.JPGIMG_1446.JPGIMG_1447.JPGIMG_1448.JPGIMG_1449.JPGIMG_1450.JPG

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks Rich,

Mainly sprayed with VJ acrylics with some really cheap oil paint (discount bookstore) diluted with turps. I've since toned down the shine with some chalk pastel (also discount bookstore)

Trying to get the rusting effect on the sheet metal parts versus the wear & tear on the cast/rolled & welded parts was interesting.

I use artist's masking fluid (latex) on the sheet metal parts as it rubs off leaving frayed edges that work well as peeling paint - the general wear lines are VJ chipping fluid.

The rust on the spare track links is real rust - Deluxe Scenic rust powder (picked up for £1 in a rummage bin at the SW model show at Bovington).

The "magic" tracks were horrible to work with as the "clip-together" feature just didn't work.

Mark

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice build Mark. Actually the first thing that struck me was the lack of shadows and how clear the photos were.
Cheers, Rick H.