Dragon T-34/76 1941 mod. (prod. no. 6205)

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Hey everyone!

I noticed the GB description allowed for several builds, and since I am just itching to build a Russian tank in 1:35 (my first, and only my second Dragon kit - something which I can tell I am going to have a real thing for!), I thought I'd get right on it.

No sprue pictures by me this time, since the vendor I bought it from delivered a set in which several parts had come lose from the sprues. Suffice to say that the parts look absolutely clean, crisp, and pronounced in their detail. I have seen absolutely zero flash, and only the tiniest of mold lines on round parts of the suspension system. Kits like that are an absolute dream to build, and I hear very good things about Tamiya in that regard, too. This is what modelling is about, for me: Building, not cleaning. I'll clean my house, that should do it! :rolleyes:

Sprue pics from another copy of the kit, from a review found via the Scalemates.com model kit database: http://www.panzer-modell.de/ausgepackt/archiv/dragon/6205.htm

Below are a few pictures to show the box, and what I've done so far. The individual track links are glued together, but kept in two parts for ease of painting. Next, I will be dealing with the photoetch, something which is a first for me, and I am very excited about it :smiling3:

Happy building!

DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0004.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0008.JPG

D

dubster72

This will be an enjoyable build! The Dragon T-34 kits are excellent, I built the 1944 version a few years ago & really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to seeing more.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good,Christian,very nice start,;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Have to agree with Patrick, I also built the T-34 from Dragon again, a few years ago, and it was a nice kit to do.

Good start.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Thanks everyone - certainly makes it worthwhile to post! :smiling:

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Photo-etch went okay, I think, but I can understand why some people choose to skip this, as even this simple a task as gluing crossbars to the mesh was a lot more fiddly than I had first assumed.

It does look very cool, though, and I think this was worth the effort.

I am not scared off just yet, and the next assembly of this sort is leather belts holding down some sort of boxes on the sides of the tank. And instructions for that are definitely not clear to me! o_O

More to follow...

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG DSC_0012.JPG DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0018.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is looking very good,Christian,I have never done the T34,in the Dragon kit,
do like the detail,that grill looks great,I do like it a lot,:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Thank you :smiling3: I am glad you enjoyed it, too!
just seeing that,grill,some times,I get to thing,I should real,start,
to buy after market parts,as it dose change the whole look,
and marks such a difference ;)

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
just seeing that,grill,some times,I get to thing,I should real,start,
to buy after market parts,as it dose change the whole look,
and marks such a difference ;)

Just to be safe, I should clarify that this photo-etch came with the kit.

I think a lot of Tamiya and other kits come with PE included nowadays, and my impression is that will be cheaper than buying after market.

Review photos of kits will definitely help with gaining knowledge as to which kits to go for, if you want to try PE.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ah yes do understand that,as 95% of my kits come from swap meets,
so in a lot of cases , the best kits go first,or depending on how much cash I,
have ,I buy to suit,;)

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
ah yes do understand that,as 95% of my kits come from swap meets,
so in a lot of cases , the best kits go first,or depending on how much cash I,
have ,I buy to suit,;)

Ah! Then after market is probably the best solution ;)

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
HELP NEEDED FROM SMARTER MODELLERS!

I am trying to assemble the PE versions of the belts going around some boxes, and I just don't feel that I get it quite right.:sad: The instructions aren't very helpful to meo_O, but I will post a picture of the instruction part, then what I've managed to bend and assemble.:eek: If anyone could please help me understand how I am supposed to do this right, that would really be appreciated.

Thank you everyone who reads this :oops:

Capture3.JPG Capture4.JPG Capture5.JPG Capture6.JPG DSC_0007 (2).JPG DSC_0008 (2).JPG

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Okay, so for lack of better options, I tried continuing down the path I found, even though I don't think it's entirely correct.

I think it looks okay, though, I am just wondering where the buckle or other holder for the strap went.

Sorry for the unclear pictures, but I am not a good photographer.

Happy building.

Capture7.JPG Capture8.JPG DSC_0016 (2).JPG

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Some more small progress - the body is ready for painting, as are the loose parts to be sprayed in different colours, etc. Next, and last, part: the turret! :D

I have to say that the pleasure of building these kits grow on me - this is only my second one, but the high quality of each individual piece, combined with the level of detail, makes it an awesome and absorbing build, worth every minute of it. I can only look forward to improve my weathering skills, especially when it comes to dirtying things with acrylic Vallejo washes.

DSC_0001 (4).JPG DSC_0002 (4).JPG DSC_0003 (3).JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0002 (4).JPG
    DSC_0002 (4).JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0003 (3).JPG
    DSC_0003 (3).JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1
T

tommy1drop

Coming along nicely Christian, looking forward to the next update;)