Dry brushing

T

Twigs

Been looking at Barry’s thread on his mosquito, never done dry brushing , the tyres look amazing , is correct technique
To use dark earth pigment then sealed with a binder. , if correct what are the correct ones to use I.e makers.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Drybrushing is putting paint on your brush, wiping most of it off on a rag or paper towel, and then putting the brush to the model. The paint will stick on raised detail but not in deeper areas (if you’re doing it right), allowing you to highlight that detail or to make it look like dirt got stuck on it, paint rubbed off, and so on. It’s usually best to do this with a flat rather than a round brush, as it will be easier to do and not as hard on the brush.

Just try it on some spare parts or a model you don’t mind ruining :smiling3:

T

Twigs

Drybrushing is putting paint on your brush, wiping most of it off on a rag or paper towel, and then putting the brush to the model. The paint will stick on raised detail but not in deeper areas (if you’re doing it right), allowing you to highlight that detail or to make it look like dirt got stuck on it, paint rubbed off, and so on. It’s usually best to do this with a flat rather than a round brush, as it will be easier to do and not as hard on the brush.

Just try it on some spare parts or a model you don’t mind ruining :smiling3:
Cheers jakko

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Peter have a look at me Beaufighter build. You'll see how i dry brushed the engines in the very way Jakko said. I think they came out nicely