Ducati 916, Tamiya 1/12

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ooooh,one of my favourite bikes of all time....a real classic :smiling3:
Always loved em,but was never lucky enough to own one :sad:
Good luck with it... I'll be following the build for sure !!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I've never built a bike kit apart from one 1/35 ages ago. This looks a nice subject and as you had the paint .... ;) :rolling:
I watch how you get on.
Jim

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Nice start!:thumb2:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
been a while since any progress......first it was the commonwealth games and european championships distracting me........then i had a period of cantbearseditis.....then when i did get going its took over a week and a half to do the body work........just couldnt get the joins smooth enough,.....got tired of the filler/sand/prime/sand/repeat cycle....still not happy now...........then the first paint job i wasnt happy with.....my own fault cos i used a light grey primer so it wasnt red enough......stripped the paint off and started again, this time with a white primer......3 coats of Mr Hobby Aqua, last one being a good wet coat to get the shine, and then a coat of automotive clear coat from a rattle can

cos i made some progress with the body work it kick started doing the rest.....got it on its wheels today

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Nice job, Paul.
By the way, I learned a new nice word: cantbearseditis... :smiling4: and discovered that there's a site (verbotomy.com) dedicated to those new words. :thumb2::tears-of-joy:

Andrea

First Name
ian
thought id do a bike next since i have a bottle of the right colour red lol

might tkae a while before next update........got LOTS of bits to paint before assembly can start

Hi ive just purchased one off these kits and won't be starting it for a while yet so I will look forward to seeing your build progress .

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi ive just purchased one off these kits and won't be starting it for a while yet so I will look forward to seeing your build progress .

lol....finished this weeks ago......theres a finished thread somewhere