Ducati Desmosedici

F

Fenlander

Humbrol Stainless Steel? Are the exhausts not chrome then? Is the Humbrol one of the Metal Coat ones? I believe you can polish them a bit but I have never tried one.

G

garethm

Hi Graham, I apologise cos I think I called you Martin? anyway back to the Duke, have you tried Hiroboy.com I looked today and they claim to have a set of forks for the Duke. As to the paint yes it is of the metalcote variety and it is very effective. I have tried to get a definitive answer as to what material the exhausts are made of? no real luck but Termignoni who make the system claim they use, titanium, stainless steel, and carbon fibre. So I am going to plum for s/steel, with a bit of blueing it should be okay ( I hope ) or yet another rub down. I tried Zero paints for the body and frame but ended up with Tamiya paint? must be me. I will let you know how it is progressing. Keep the sunny side up Gareth.

B

bikerbart

Im in for this one Gareth, sounds a great build....as you know i love me bike kits :smiling: I reckon the ole metalcote will do you ok bud, ive used it on bits n bobs and it comes up well, looking forward to seeing pics mate, all the best Martin :smiling:

F

Fenlander

No probs Gareth I have been called a lot worse than my good friend Martin I can assure you lol. Odd because I looked on Hiroboy yesterday and it said out of stock..... I will pop in later and have a look. Cheers for the info on the exhausts, it looks as though the SS is the way to go, thanks for that. I have a few things on the go and very little time at the moment but I have to get back in the saddle and get going on the Duke. I have decided on a Humbrol rattle can gloss red for the body work, I was really impressed with the white I ended up using on the Honda (after dropping the seat unit while wet).

Onwards and upwards my friends, we will get Ron building a bike one day at this rate.... Ducks and runs for cover ;)

G

garethm

Hi Graham, just to let you know there are a couple of fork upgrades on ebay from china about 12 to 14 pounds inc postage worth a look see. Thanks for the comments and Martin I will put some piccies of the Duke on this weekend, sod the garden.

By the way did you see the build up of the Honda RC 166 in tmmi. I think he went a little overboard on the tarnishing? the real bike was nothing like that at Goodwood some years ago. Cheers for now, Gareth.

B

bikerbart

I did have a very quick look at tmmi while in the newsagents, gotta say the one being built on the mm forum is in my opinion better. I so wanna get up to the Goodwood Festival one year...thats another one on the list lol. Looking forward to seeing the pics at the weekend bud, regards Martin :smiling:

G

garethm

Hi All, Have taken piccies to share with you , so here we go,

This is my attempt at weathering a Tiger 1 it is the Dragon kit with metal barrel?

An attempt at a diorama, I used the Dragon 88mm, and some stuff I found around the house,but my next attempt will be on a wooden base.

My Revell build of Moss`s merc from the `55 Mille Miglia, I still have the figures of Moss and Jenks to make. This is a tribute to the passing of Jenks after seeing all three at Goodwood `95

I hold my hands up I was playing with the camera when this image turned up so I decided to post this one, forefront is Bernd Maylanders GT 1 class car, and behind is Klaus Ludwigs `94 championship winning car, both by Tamiya.

Last but not least the Infamous Ducati, still a long way to go but its getting there. I don`t know if you can see the exhaust clearly but one is unpolished and the two seperate pipes are partially polished, I`m still not sure about them, I may try Alclad s/steel as the results I have seen on their website are more realistic. I hope the piccies turn out okay if not I will try again, and Graham enjoy Waddington, I live about 10 miles to the north and we can see a lot of the planes flying overhead, we had the Lancaster fly over yesterday afternoon quite low. anyway keep gluing all. Gareth.