DUDE!!SWEET!!Part2

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
"this week i have mostly been eating....sweets!" hi all here is the other 1/144 bf109f from the sweet boxing of hans marseilles aircraft(see other thread for details) i think i did a better job on the canopy this time,and i think my hair works better as an aerial wire than my missus'!this aircraft is as it was in feb1942 the other one (white wingtips)is from sept 42.the desert diorama base was very difficult to make too(take piece of sandpaper out of packet,put on floor ,put plane on ,take photo!!!)i cant recommend these kits highly enough,the detail is just astounding .the next one nearing completion is a bit bigger though(1/32 mig 17)so hopefully ill get my eyesight back. cheers tony:plane:

View attachment 19508

View attachment 19509

View attachment 19510

View attachment 19511

View attachment 19512

P1040693 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1040696 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040698 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040699 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040703 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
cheers andy, itll be nice to get back to something a bit bigger! your comments are,as always ,much appreciated . cheers tony

S

Saul Sheldon

I've got a great place you can store those 1/144 ww2 fighters...

What about the cargo bay of an A-Model 1/72 An-22 "Cock"?

There must be one around here somewhere...:thinking:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
yeah,we could probably get a whole squadron in there!! (if abramovich moves his coach up a bit! lol) :bigthumb:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Lovely Tony. I missed Pt 2 until now. Thought you might like this piccy of the man appearing to take a dump into the cockpit of yellow 14.

I just noticed how little paint is left on the front of the propeller (that's the face facing the back of the aircraft)!!

G

Gladiator111

heh, those ground crew guys, always joking around leaving presents for the fly boys!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Lovely Tony. I missed Pt 2 until now. Thought you might like this piccy of the man appearing to take a dump into the cockpit of yellow 14.I just noticed how little paint is left on the front of the propeller (that's the face facing the back of the aircraft)!!
cheers steve, nice pic,i wonder if the guy having the dump is actually marseilles himself? ive seen a few pics of him in similar clothes. the aircraft looks quite weathered doesnt it, NOT something i would like to try in 1/144!! i usually go a bit over the top in the larger scales never mind trying to do a subtle exhaust stain thats only 1/4 inch long!!! always nice to see a photo of the actual plane youre modelling ,kind of brings it to life. cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
According to the Bundesarchiv that is Marseille. So allegedly is this.It is definitely his machine.

Not sure myself but SWMBO reckons they are the same man.

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
looks the same to me too, this second photo has given me more ideas for a 1/72 diorama im thinking of making ,what with the barrels and sandbags etc. Included on the decal sheet of the sweet 1/144 kit are decals for marseilles personal kubelwagen "otto" which has the stylised name on both sides,in 1/144,1/72+1/48 scale. ive already bought a 1/72 kubelwagen and a frog 1/72 bf109f with yellow 14 decals the idea is to put both on a desert base with maybe a figure or two.The only problem is the frog kit is a real dog so im looking for a better kit ,any ideas,you being a luftwaffe fan? cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here he is with "Otto". That looks like a cool project in itself.

And here is his 109F-4

I'll see if I've got any 1/72 kit info on my desktop at home. sounds like a very cool diorama.

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just incase anyone thinks I'm picking on Marseille here are two other Luftwaffe aces seemingly leaving presents for their ground crews!

That's Lt Erich Hondt and his (rare) Bf 109T. He appears to be enjoying a nice read whilst doing the deed.

Next is the even more famous "Assi" Hahn making a high altitude attack on a Fw 190A-3. I don't think it's actually his aircraft but that's too serious for this thread!

Enjoy, it's just a fun excuse to post some nice pictures.

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
top pics again steve,you must have a massive library.The dio is all in hand now,ive got a 1/72 italeri bf109f-4 to go with the kubelwagen and some 1/72 luftwaffe ground crew and oil barrels,plus the obligatory budgie sand and some feathers for a palm tree.All ive got to do now is get it started!!!!!(dont know if ill be able to pose one having a dump in the cockpit though ,ill give it a try !!!) cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Steve, doesn't Ltn Erich Hondt look uncannily like ol' legless, Douglas Bader?

:cheers:

Ron.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good luck with the dio tony. It's a great subject. Ron,you are right he does look quite a lot like Bader.... weird.

I've been so busy I've not stuck two bits of plastic together for ages but I've got a kit and all the decals to do Walther Crinius' Bf 109 G something Trop. It's a nice one with lovely green splodges all over. I'm hoping to have a few days to myself around the end of next week - I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have uncovered evidence that the habit of leaving something on the seat of a 109 dates back to just after the Spanish civil war as evidenced by this chap.I know the plane but I'm not 100% sure who he is.

I think it is this chap Gunther Lutzow. The plane and time fits. Opinions welcome.

I have also discovered this hopelessly miscaptioned photo. It is actually the field court martial of the fella standing at attention infront of Galland and Goering.He is charged with pooping in the cockpit. The evidence is presented in the so called awards briefcase.

Who said modelling wasn't fun?

Enjoy

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Slightly off thread Steve, but seeing as how our fellow modeller Fenlander ( Graham) is collecting horses at the moment do you think Herman has one hidden under his coat?!!

Ron

F

Fenlander

He had better not have or I will have the Equestrian society on him. If he thought the Nuremberg trials were bad, he should see those jodhpur wearing fanatics in action if a horse is being used as simple coat padding...... Having said that, there is one on my desk with a cocktail stick projecting from where his tail should be, makes your eyes water...

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
He had better not have or I will have the Equestrian society on him. If he thought the Nuremberg trials were bad, he should see those jodhpur wearing fanatics in action if a horse is being used as simple coat padding...... Having said that, there is one on my desk with a cocktail stick projecting from where his tail should be, makes your eyes water...
Shouldn't that be making his eyes water lol

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Despite Galland's presence at the court martial above I have uncovered evidence pointing to his own culpability. The camera never lies...well not often anyway.

Cheers

Steve