Dzhon Race. TIGER 1 Tamiya 1/35

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning architecture John. You must be very pleased with how its gone up. Looking forward to seeing it all painted up. Keep up the great work mate

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Stunning architecture John. You must be very pleased with how its gone up. Looking forward to seeing it all painted up. Keep up the great work mate
Thanks Steve, glad you like.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Back with a decent up date to show. So with out more ado

A near finished dio.

2019_2.jpg

2019_8.jpg2019_8.jpg

2019_4.jpg

Really pleased with this, spend a considerable time doing the stone work , dry brushing and the like, pigments and multiple shades of the stone.
Just drying out on the base where a scattering on crushed debri which I made from some thinly spread wall filler mixed with differing brick colours on 4 separate lines. Before it dried I cut straight lines through the filler to give some engineered lines.
Comments more than welcome.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You should be pleased mate. That is a right result! Great stuff:thumb2:.

Have you tried the B&W photos yet. They would look great.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John you should be very proud of this one all the time spent on the different coloured brickwork has certainly paid off.

Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 7181

That's stunning John. All the different colours, tones and shades of the stone really makes a difference.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You should be pleased mate. That is a right result! Great stuff:thumb2:.

Have you tried the B&W photos yet. They would look great.
Hi Steve, thank you for your comments. No I didn't think to do some, if I get time in the next few days I will do some sepia ones .I say Sepia because that's what's on the programs !
Fab U Luss!
Cheers Neil.
What Neil said John
chris
Thanks Chris.
JR, you are now officially a bonafide "Rubble Rouser"!!
Ha, nice thanks Rick.:thumb2:.

Hi John you should be very proud of this one all the time spent on the different coloured brickwork has certainly paid off.
Just one thing with all the damage to building has suffered would there be smoke stains on the outside from windows going upwards, believe me I'm not being picky it's only an a observation not criticism in any shape or form.
Pete.
Hi Pete, I know it's not a negitive remark. :smiling:Your quite right in your thinking, I had planned to actually set fire !!!! to those joist ends on the roof so will add some smoke damage at the same time .:thumb2:
That's stunning John. All the different colours, tones and shades of the stone really makes a difference.
Hi Andy, cheers .
That’s looking great John, the rubble around the base look very natural.
Thanks Si, unfortunately not many coloured photos exist of bombed out buildings, so a bit of a challenge to get the mix right .
John,
That is a cracking result mate you should be well happy with that.
Paul, thank you.
Bloomin' great John. The Tiger is terrific, and the stone work sublime.
Peter cheers, dry brushing always makes me think of you when you were explaining painting technics some time back, so I do listen :smiling2: !.
Hi John
A top job - no doubt about it.
Jim
Thanks Jim, glad you like it, put a good word in for me please .:blow-kiss::tongue-out3:
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
"RubbleMeister" is good, I like that! Whichever one sticks to you JR is all right by me!
Cheers Guys, Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Now feeling a lot like modelling, even spent some time sorting the paints, see my post.:smiling3: even had time to make some gluten free cakes !

View attachment 363066
Alas all eaten .

The start of the building was this.

View attachment 363056

View attachment 363059

Which soon turned into , View attachment 363057View attachment 363057

View attachment 363058

View attachment 363061
The base, still wet from a coat of cheap acrylic paint, more to seal than anything, two will be coats needed.

Ive been reading about
View attachment 363069

But the price is rather high for what it's made from, basically plaster of paris and paper.
So decided before I either get some P P and try I decided to use shredded kitchen roll. Soaked it in water, soon fell apart. Then squeezed dry , finally put it in the oven !!!! just to dry it out. I can confirm there was NO FIRE .

View attachment 363062
The now dry paper.
View attachment 363063
About the same amount of normal cheap wall filler, a dash of thinned pva and some water. not too much as not it only with it take too long to dry it will slump.

The result
View attachment 363064

View attachment 363065

The paper does bulk it out and gives a better texture for rubble.
Since last nigh when those photos were taken I've shattered the large stone sections.View attachment 363070

View attachment 363071

This is all going to have to dry, probably at least a few days, keeping it in the house as its warmer.
Then the start of the painting.

Thanks for looking in and commenting :smiling2:

John.

Hi John

Loving what you've done so far. And thanks for the DIY Sculptamold tip. Another one to squirrel away for future use!

ATB

Andrew