Dzhon Race. TIGER 1 Tamiya 1/35

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good to me John.....glad you’ve sorted it out....

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great news , thanks to Steve for taking the time to post such helpful photos for the mentally confused and to those of you who just commented that it was correct Tim and Wouter.
Again shows what a helpful even if sometimes mad forum we have:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just a quickie.

IMG_20191019_153502868.jpg

IMG_20191019_153417227.jpg

Sag looks right to me, any comments please say.
If right I shall apply the weathering to the tracks, and get ready to varnish prior to decals.
Might possible add to those wheels paint wise.

Thanks

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The track looks a little slack to me, but not unrealistically so, so nothing wrong I’d say.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Keep moving while the Mojo is high! Looks good JR. Matron would be proud.
Cheers, Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mornin mate!!

I hope you had a good nights sleep dreaming about Tiger wheels. Now you know why you luv Russian vehicles so much.

Right then mate lets walk you through this. First off the destructions

View attachment 360621

As with the instructions we are going to do the side closest to you so position your hull like so

View attachment 360622

Now I am sure you have noticed all your wheels are marked with their individual sprue numbers. So if you get your number 8 wheels we will put these on first. Notice how the short end of the axle is at the back and the long end is facing you.

View attachment 360623View attachment 360624

Next stick on your sprockett and your rear idler. Dont leave to dry as it is a bit of a tight fit with the next set of wheels by the sprocket. My sprocket is a bit of a mish mash so ignore the detail

View attachment 360627

You would have made up some sets of two wheels together. You need the ones that were made up of wheels 12 and 11 and look like this

View attachment 360625View attachment 360626

Start next to the sprokett and add each set of two on alternate axles. This time make sure the long bit of the axle is towards the hull and the short end is facing you. Stick on all four sets.

View attachment 360628View attachment 360629View attachment 360630

Next grab the other sets of two wheels which were made up of wheels 5 and 7

View attachment 360631View attachment 360632

Add these onto the very first set of wheels you put on - wheel 8. Stick on all four sets. When doing this you will notice you now have two long axles joined together.

View attachment 360633View attachment 360634View attachment 360635

Finally you should just have four wheels left - wheel 6.

View attachment 360636

Add these to set 12 and 11 with both the long axles facing each other. Stick on all four alternately as you have done with all the other sets

View attachment 360637View attachment 360639View attachment 360640

Right thats the easy bit. Now do the other side:smiling2::smiling5:

Cash payments made in the usual way to Scotties safe deposit box. Remember white envelope please as the brown envelopes have been nabbed by Scottie

Steve

P.S Sorry Si. Crossed posts. I hope you didnt mind

I deny receiving and brown envelopes anyway the post here in the Seychelles is terrible.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Well done mate for not giving up, they turned out well in the end. So when are you starting your next Tigger?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
THANK god my tigger ain't got any wheels but I built two remote control tigers when I was a lot younger an John I had the same trouble the wheels were on then off then had another look at the desructions scratched me long gone beatle stlye haircut to ponder but got the wheels done in the end an they all worked ok had wonderfull time drive em over rough ground great fun oh those were the days
chris

• Haha

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Wheels are all good John, the track looks about as slack as tigers ever got, maybe take a link out if you like.:thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The track looks a little slack to me, but not unrealistically so, so nothing wrong I’d say.
Hi Jakko, there is a little more play, but I'm considering leaving it as it is. They've not had time for any maintenance.
Keep moving while the Mojo is high! Looks good JR. Matron would be proud.
Cheers, Rick H.
Thanks. Think were ok Rick, shes moved in with Pete, plenty to keep her busy there.

I deny receiving and brown envelopes anyway the post here in the Seychelles is terrible.
Well I checked with the post office and they said its was signed for by some calling himself P Scott on behalf of Steve Jones :smiling3::smiling3:
As for the next Tiger I think this one quite enough.:face-with-thermometer:.

Hi John
Well done. Credit to you for sorting it.
Jim
Thanks Jim, credit must go to Steve, I've never been as confused, the instructions with various A's and (a) appeared to me to be in a complete jumble.

THANK god my tigger ain't got any wheels but I built two remote control tigers when I was a lot younger an John I had the same trouble the wheels were on then off then had another look at the desructions scratched me long gone beatle stlye haircut to ponder but got the wheels done in the end an they all worked ok had wonderfull time drive em over rough ground great fun oh those were the days
chris
Chris it appears we are not alone. I even looked on u tube and saw a 1/16 scale version, that was massive and the wheels were all in ally.

Wheels are all good John, the track looks about as slack as tigers ever got, maybe take a link out if you like.:thumb2:
Cheers Graeme, although the track are simple to do as I said earlier, think I will leave well alone and just clean up the wheels.

Evening all , base for the dio is under way. Started to cut out the foam board and glue the 5mm think boards together to strengthen them. All under weigh at the moment.
Knocked off a light, found another one and that is glued on.
Grandson Tom is hoping to come for a few days on Tuesday with his partner so will have less bench time .
Thanks for the comments.

John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I agree JR, Matron is running out of hypo (happy) juice over at Pete's thread. My participation level has dropped of to casual onlooker. That crowd is off the planet. Cheers, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greeting's.
Model all painted so decided to put the tracks on .
For a start I removed a link, as several people thought it looked a little slack.
Big mistake, removed link, no problem as the joining links wire's were not CA'd in .The track would not join up, in attempting to join the links while the tank was upside down the front drive sproket snapped off.:cold-sweat::poop::tired::confused:.
Not impressed !
So carried on with the other track, it's on but is it right .? Looks something right, but now I'm so unsure.
15722823486636398907753134862304.jpg15722824342404136114717929236791.jpg15722824581766099860402102192525.jpg

Nothing wrong with the model, or with the Fruils, I just struggle with having no depth of field.
Took over a HR to get this far.
Oh lost a mudguard, that's on the bench , but somewhere in the floor is a smoke launcher ! Just had a look, can't feel it anywhere.
I jokingly said at the begining this might be my first and last Tiger, well I can confirm YES IT WILL ! :tongue-out3::smiling2:
on ward gluing that drive sproket back on
bye .

First Name
Wouter
Track tension looks alright to me chap. The track should touch the top side of the second road wheel and not the of first one so that looks correct to me on the photo. and come on, this can't be your last Tiger, they are just too fun to build :nerd:

Cheers

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Track tension looks alright to me chap. The track should touch the top side of the second road wheel and not the of first one so that looks correct to me on the photo. and come on, this can't be your last Tiger, they are just too fun to build :nerd:

Cheers
Thanks Wouter
I've just refitted the other sprocket.
No engineering standard ,but it will have to do .
Drilled straight through the sproket in to the hull .
Cut a section of old sprue, pushed through then ran some fast set VMS glue down the sprue.
Going to leave it over night.
Redrill the track link, check it's clear ,and try again tomorrow.
Thanks for the likes, just confirms it's right.
Have checked the sitting Wouts, when it's on the flat the track sits as you say., Thanks.
15722849530953268212386628317693.jpg
Hopefully I'll be able to mask this .
15722849831735139063238386132582.jpg
John .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI John looks great to me an any little breakage can easy be gluded on keep at it you doin a grand job boyo :thumb2:
chris

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
keep on the good job... it's going to be great.. :smiling: :smiling: