Dzhon's KV2 Trumpeter 1/35 SCALE

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
John, just had a catch up, shame about the base, looking forward to base 2.0!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hello fellow plastic fans, have decided to put this into the cupboard of gloom. ( shelf queen )
After my disliking the first Dio base due to the limited size and attempting to redo a winter scene I'm not liking the base at all . So while doing the clean up I decided to pack it all away.
1/35 scale dioramas are too large for the display area I have . Already I've put 5 in to the attic and earlier this week out another 5 .
I'll build the remains 1/35 models that I have a pop them on a base to suit , no dioramas in 1/35, unless they are very small .
Have some 1/72 models on order and this will allow me to build dioramas as well .

John .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brave, but sound decision 453.

I went down the same road recently.
Apart from the size issue, with 1/35 dioramas to look right, every nut, bolt, hinge, you name it, has to be modelled for the piece to look right.

Not so with 1/72. Whilst some detail is necessary, the modeller (Me) can get away with murder and still produce an acceptable diorama to the viewer (Me).

So model away my mate, and I look forward to your foray into the smaller and possibly more relaxing diorama making....

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brave, but sound decision 453.

I went down the same road recently.
Apart from the size issue, with 1/35 dioramas to look right, every nut, bolt, hinge, you name it, has to be modelled for the piece to look right.

Not so with 1/72. Whilst some detail is necessary, the modeller (Me) can get away with murder and still produce an acceptable diorama to the viewer (Me).

So model away my mate, and I look forward to your foray into the smaller and possibly more relaxing diorama making....

Thanks 570 .
Time will tell but feel ok about it, as long as I can do a decent Dio I shall be happy .

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Bummer that it is going to the Cupboard of gloom John, I know that you always put a lot of hard work into your builds.....gold lining is in the fact that you get to start onto the next one sooner..(I hope)

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Put them on ebay John.
Pete
Just concerned about the packing Peter, unless someone collected them .
The thing is how much to you ask for them ?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bummer that it is going to the Cupboard of gloom John, I know that you always put a lot of hard work into your builds.....gold lining is in the fact that you get to start onto the next one sooner..(I hope)
Thanks Joe, that's the only way to think .

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Just concerned about the packing Peter, unless someone collected them .
The thing is how much to you ask for them ?
Doesn't really matter John, they're not making money for you while they're in the attic are they.
There are a few selling for upwards of £30, some for a lot more - one for £600! Even that much perhaps doesn't reflect the true value, but it's more than the bin or the attic will give you!
I agree, packing stuff for posting is a pain.
Pete

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Doesn't really matter John, they're not making money for you while they're in the attic are they.
There are a few selling for upwards of £30, some for a lot more - one for £600! Even that much perhaps doesn't reflect the true value, but it's more than the bin or the attic will give you!
I agree, packing stuff for posting is a pain.
Pete
Well food for thought. I suppose Pete

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I've sold a few completed kits on ebay, and the eventual selling prices have been different from my expectations. Some have sold for two or three times what I was expecting, some just went for my starting price, which is usually just the price of the kit.
However much they sell for though, they're out of the way, and don't need dusting, the money is just a nice bonus.
Pete

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've sold a few completed kits on ebay, and the eventual selling prices have been different from my expectations. Some have sold for two or three times what I was expecting, some just went for my starting price, which is usually just the price of the kit.
However much they sell for though, they're out of the way, and don't need dusting, the money is just a nice bonus.
Pete
If you see some strange offers on Ebay you'll know who it is then Pete.
Thanks .