First Name
christopher
IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_3996.JPG

IMG_3997.JPG

IMG_4013.JPG

IMG_4010.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG

Very nice looking Lighting Chris and so cool to have lights on it too.:thumb2::thumb2:

(Edit) And the rest by the looks of it too.:cool:

Some info on how you did those lights would be rather nice.
That is a very nice frightening by the way.

Some info on how you did those lights would be rather nice.
That is a very nice frightening by the way.
HI Ian the lights are 2mm led's an just built into the planes very simple an im not sure what you mean about frightening ? an thank you for your intrest
chris

HI Ian the lights are 2mm led's an just built into the planes very simple an im not sure what you mean about frightening ? an thank you for your intrest
chris
Frightening/lightning.....
I had figured out the the lights where little LED's it more how they are controlled I was wondering about.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks guys for your comments all aircraft are in 1/48 th scale
chris

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Very nice indeed Chris. I think you're builds would be complimented by a nightfighter ;) lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice indeed Chris. I think you're builds would be complimented by a nightfighter ;) lol
HI Al thanks for your comments an yes it would be nice to join you guys in the nightfighter G/B bit I aint got the time as im to busy building tiger im afraid but nice try :smiling3::smiling3: LOL
chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice builds. I'm loving the lights, do the relevant ones flash ?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice builds. I'm loving the lights, do the relevant ones flash ?
HI Colin yes they do flash pity I cant do a vid but I have no idea how an thank you for lookin in
chris

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI guys now IanM has asked me how the lights are made to work on the planes well i'll try an exsplain as best I can BUT YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK
well the first thing you will need is to buy is one of these cost £8.99 from the component - shop i'll give the address in the nxt pic IMG_4021.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
A shot here at what voltage its set at an its 6v as this is a varyible unitIMG_4018.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now I have made the power unit from the mains powering 6v plug into a power truck as I wanted to light up more than one model in fact I have fitted 4 way micro plugs called
modular connectert's into the power truck a pic of the modular connecters below an with these you can cut them down to just 2 pins plugs or up to about 10 pinIMG_4033.JPG plug your choise

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
And you solder tiny dolls house wirein as its only carryin 6v to the micro plugs covering the soldered joints with shink rap to stop any eletric shorts outs the wirein belowIMG_4032.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NXT in the model you fit a micro switch if you want for on an off an then fit a female modular plug into the model where it wont be seen I fitted mine nr the tail on the fusealarge side. if you look at the lighting pic no. 5 closely you will see where the wire goes to the female plug so on the feed wire you must have a male plug to insert into the female an make sure the wireing polarity is correct positive to positive an negative to neg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NXT up is the 2MM LED's these you can buy from the address below IMG_4025.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The SMD 2MM LEDs an they are all fitted with 12v resistor's so no fear of blowin them IMG_4028.JPG as I said you can buy normal ones that just stay on or you can buy flashing one in all the main colours

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well that's it its up to you guys if you want to try an take up the challenge I hope some one does to make it worth my while of printin all this I must admit there is more than I thought but I think the end results is worth it as it brings the model to life (PHEW IM POOPED ) An a shot below of all the planes lit up
CHRIS

Last edited: