E TYPE MODEL CARS

First Name
Richard (Dick)
Hello everyone
I own a 1972 series three e type coupe, a 1972 jaguar xk8, and a 1968 fiat 500
Some few years ago, I bought the DeAgostini 1963 1:8 model of the e type coupe, and have only recently completed it.
A long time ago I assembled a 1;8 REVEL KIT of the same model, and considering the price a the time very reasonable, even though the parts required some "fettling" to get them to fit.
The DeAgostini kit cost about £1300 including ancillaries, which I thought was very expensive.
However, I found both the parts supplied, and the assembly instructions to be of a very high quality. Even the wheels which included 72 individual parts per wheel, which I thought to be the most involved to assemble, look absolutely realistic when finished.
Now that I have "time on my hands" I would like to build another model, particularly of a series three e type coupe in 1:8 scale.
Does anyone in this esteemed club have any idea whether this type model has ever been available? I would very much appreciate any information that you have, please.
Kind Regards, and happy modelling
R Whittington

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dick,
welcome to the forum - as to 1/8 Jaguar E-Type Revell/Monogram & DeAgostini are the ones you mentioned - Bandai & Agora Models are the only other models I could find
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Dick, welcome to the forum. Excellent taste, by the way, the E type is up there with the spitfire as one of the best looking machines ever made :thumb2: Love to see pictures of your DeAgostini model.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Welcome to the forum richard . I dont think the series 3 E type has been modelled at all , most makers tend to go for the series 1 or 1/1/2 . Shame ,as I really liked the series 3 V12s . obviously the first and second marks were stunningly beautiful , but I think the overlooked ( often maligned ) series 3 was gorgeous too and filled out the arches much better than the early cars which can look a bit spindly head on . Add to this the sublime V12 and it had evolved into a hugely capable ( hugely thirsty ) grand tourer .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome to the forum Richard.....good luck with your search :thumb2: Rick H.