Earth Mover...

First Name
Andy
Hi all,

Not sure where to pop this, so if it is in the wrong place I apologise and could it be moved to the correct place please...

I've had this sat on my shelf for a few years and have always wanted to do some weathering on it, so the other day I thought I'd give it a go (I forgot the before photo sorry), I also broke out the expanding foam again and thought I'd make a load to go in the rear...

I painted it brown and then covered it with some Treemendus cork and sand mix...

Please let me know what you think and how/where I can improve etc...

Many thanks for looking and as usual, all info would be gratefully received...

Andy...

C

CDW

that's brill mate.

I like what you did with the expanding foam.... I'll have to invest in some of that for modeling.. I've used it before in making backdrops for reptile vivariums though.

the only thing I can suggest on the dio is to add a bit of extra dust or dirt to the treads of the tyres ... that's it in my opinion.

whats next on the agenda ?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hey that looks pretty good actually.

As you asked, a few things that might help make it even better, The treads of the tyres; If you can get the wheels off, have a go at that seam on them. Also if you have a stiff wire brush you could try scuffing the treads up a bit. On a truck like that the tyres are going to get hammered.

The bright metal axles on the wheels and tipper sort of stand out a bit. A bit of paint, muck and mud will soon have that sorted.

I would just like to say that the overall weathering and look of this is great. Is it a Bruder?

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looks great, and apart from the observations of the other guys, It looks perfect. It's definately better than I could hope to do.

Top job Andy, 5 from me.

Tony.

First Name
Andy
Thank you chaps it means a lot thank you...

I'm not sure of the make there's no name anywhere so I'm guessing it could be from China, I bought it cheap off e-bay about 3 or 4 yrs ago, I used to have a huge crane too but my nephew took a fancy to it...

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That dirt load has come out beautifully Andy. The weathering on your loader is brilliant!

T

treyzx10r

Nice use of the foam! Like the weathering on the cab and windows a lot too!

First Name
Aaron
This is something different,Awesome stuff nice groundwork.

Id like to do a military groundmover one day.