Easy link tracks

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning

Been having problems trying to get a set of Easy link tracks, contacted Historix and the company has split with a new name of magic metal tracks. Still cannot find them, did find the set i want 001 for a Stug B but £40, bugger that.

Thanks to John and Simon for looking for me!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Jim

How the hell did i miss them, off for a eye test i go!!

Bought and many thanks for that!!

Bob

D

Deleted member 7181

Good find!

Now if I could only find the winter version. Historex have them in 1/48 but I don't think they'd stretch :smiling5:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Bob - your eyes are ok, the Panzer III tracks were not there before when I searched last night :smiling2:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks to Simon for pointing me in the right direction for the set I wanted.

Another new experience for me but with a name like Easy Link I'm hopeful :smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks to Simon for pointing me in the right direction for the set I wanted.

Another new experience for me but with a name like Easy Link I'm hopeful :smiling5:
Andy If I can do then in just over 30 mins per side you should breeze it. Suggest you either using double sided tape or something to hold them in line this will make it easier to connect .

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers John. I'd thought about going all fancy and routing a slot of the correct width in some mdf but I think tape would be easier!

Maybe a daft question but if I decide to use a burnishing liquid, does it matter if I treat them before or after assembly? I'm guessing they'd be easier to handle once built but thinking about throwing any left over links in, in case I want to stick them onto the stug as spares.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers John. I'd thought about going all fancy and routing a slot of the correct width in some mdf but I think tape would be easier!

Maybe a daft question but if I decide to use a burnishing liquid, does it matter if I treat them before or after assembly? I'm guessing they'd be easier to handle once built but thinking about throwing any left over links in, in case I want to stick them onto the stug as spares.
I'd do the whole lot before assembly Andy, stuck mine in an old margarine tub, added the liquid and put them in. Checking regularly to see how far they had done. I kept the liquid and put in another set of tracks, it gets weaker so you leave them a spot longer. Yes the tape would be easier, but that's a good idea

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Mine have arrived, i tend to have a good old burnish when made up? Do not think it really matters.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mine have arrived, i tend to have a good old burnish when made up? Do not think it really matters.

Don't think it really matters Bob, but if they are all done you have the option to use as Andy has said for spare tracks strapped to the side.