First Name
Andy
Here goes.
50331441097_739e2a67a7_b.jpg
Sprue shots.
50346047758_62a8d679d6_b.jpg
50346741551_52b2fb0b29_b.jpg

50346047428_7c1d539298_b.jpg
I reckon a lot of that chrome will have to go as there would not be a lot of chrome on a race car that was built to be light, anyway, I think a nice alloy/silver would be best.
50346741261_c5930b715b_b.jpg
Some fine detail on the parts.
50346899927_427f4047e4_b.jpg
I don't think I have ever seen tyres like this, there is a seam down the middle but it does not stand proud like some other tyres I have dealt with.
50346900042_4d96aa58e2_b.jpg
50346899302_b6bb77a697_b.jpg
I only hope I can do justice to this lovely kit and before it is done I must buy a case to put it in.

Andy.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
I didn't get round to voting but I would have chosen this :tongue-out3: Never heard of this maker and an unusual scale perhaps. Looks nice especially the tyres which are such a major part of a race car. I don't particularly like ready chromed parts on models. Always feels too bright, somehow out of scale, and the chrome coating softens detail on the part. Will you use those large decals or mask and paint?
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I read that Ebbro was set up by ex-Tamiya staff - which accounts for the 1/20 scale - they are based in Japan, but production is carried out in China. So far I've seen nothing but really positive reviews.......................
Dave

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy
I didn't get round to voting but I would have chosen this :tongue-out3: Never heard of this maker and an unusual scale perhaps. Looks nice especially the tyres which are such a major part of a race car. I don't particularly like ready chromed parts on models. Always feels too bright, somehow out of scale, and the chrome coating softens detail on the part. Will you use those large decals or mask and paint?
Jim
Don't worry, the chrome will be visiting the bleach bath as on the real thing it's more stainless and polished alloy. As for the decals I am not sure, if it comes to it I could use them to make up masks.

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A few sub assemblies built and primed along with a lot of the other sprues.
50353626026_c69eeeff27_b.jpg
I tend not to paint on the sprue but for primer it's fine. Waiting for some paints to arrive, colours that are not that common to me, also ordered a PE seat belt set, some thin wire for plug leads and what I hope will be suitable clear tube for fuel lines.

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I spent a bit of time looking through some bits I ordered for the construction of the engine, wire for plug leads, fuel tubing and some paints I needed, but now I would like some opinions/advice.
This is the distributor cap with the wire leads inserted, I used 0.4mm wire as specified on the instruction sheet but I tend to think it looks a wee bit thin.
50369108546_ee9540d76c_b.jpg
Perhaps it will look better when the engine is assembled, but then it will be too late to alter it.
Next is the tubing to represent the fuel feed to the intake trumpets, it is 0.5mm inside diameter as that was the smallest I could find and there was no mention of it in the instructions but I think it is far too large
50368405153_2c506c590b_b.jpg
50369109691_c58a9019ff_b.jpg
Here is a picture of the real thing which shows that my tubing is very wrong.
50369408647_4cfeb02223_z.jpg
Again, it might look better built, it's just that I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure. All comments, help, rude remarks will be gladly accepted.

Andy.

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Andy
i think you’ve answered your own questions here. The distributor wire would look better as about 0.6 and would be an easy fix.
The fuel lines look like they could profitability be similar in size. Making the fuel lines look clear might be a struggle though. You could use white nylon thread or fishing line etc. You’d also have to modify the trumpet end, possible by cutting off the attachment and drilling for the line. You’d have to mimic the connection using paint. To be honest, it might be worth looking at a site like Hiroboy to see if there’s any suitable aftermarket for the fuel lines.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yes, thanks Tim as you have just comfirmed what I was thinking, the wire is readily available but the fuel lines will take a bit of thought. I did see some on a US site, but 25 dollars plus postage meant that was never a consideration, I am sure I will come up with something as even if there are no fuel lines shown on the completed model it does not mean I cannot put lines on to please myself.

Andy.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy a great looking kit , so will take a seat.
Tim's comments and your thought seem right. Just that small increase in plug lines will make it look to scale. As for that clear fuel line good hunting, that one you showed was far too large.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
This model is slowly creeping along, lots to think about before throwing glue at it.
50380432227_b4e270cf8b_b.jpg
I may have to re-do the ford lettering on the rocker covers.
Some body parts awaiting paint.
50380431972_e2dbbf60f2_b.jpg
Those parts are in Halfords rattle can primer, the inside of the drivers tub is to be painted neutral grey which I bought only to find it is the same colour as the primer.

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I am still waiting for some fuel tubing to finish building the engine but at least I now think the plug leads are right.
50382918323_68aaa08fd8_b.jpg
Parts of the body and suspension are slowly coming together but I will need to have a real think about how I paint this model but I am sure it will all be fine, after all, how hard can it be?? ;)

Andy.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very nicely done indeed.

Well done.

Andrew

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Some more sub-assemblies put together while waiting for an order to come as some clown (me) ordered the wrong thing so it had to be re- ordered. I have still not decided on how to paint this model as it would be a nightmare to mask all the bits before painting the body.
50402500562_bf543a7f70_b.jpg
I do not like painting body panels then glueing them all together as it can sometimes get a bit messy, on the other had I could build it and brush paint it, err, I don't think so, not with my brush skills.

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Been a while since anything has been shown here mainly because I have not done a lot as the weather has been very kind up here so many miles covered on the motorbike. I have been doing little bits here and there although the board looks like an explosion in a garage. Still trying to find an adhesive that will stick the plastic fuel tube to the intake trumpets, I have tried TET, Gorilla superglue and Contacta to no avail so may try another type of CA.
50483104591_48b97af559_b.jpg

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just a little bit more done, loose fit of bodywork. 50494659483_6e4c290403_b.jpg
Been fiddling with exhaust headers and rear suspension, still not able to securely fix the fuel tubing yet and running out of ideas. unfortunately I have no Slo-Zap left and there are no model shops near me to get some so it will have to be online, another wait. :confused:

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Oh dear, tonight I did something I have never done before, must be an age thing. Reaching to the back of the bench for a small file I knocked the model on to the floor and as I was getting off my swivel office type chair I slipped, staggered. a bit and stood on the bloody thing. Sadly it is crushed beyond help so has been consigned to the bin which is a pity as I really did like the look of it as assembly progressed. Not to worry, these things happen and it's not the end of the world.

Andy.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s a bit of a bugger Andy......did something similar once, but not as destructive. I dropped a plastic figure I was painting, and without thinking moved the chair back on it’s wheels to look for it....yep, ran the wheels right over the figure. All you can do is swear, have a break, and get back on the horse with something else....don’t let it get you down.