Eduard 1/48 FW 190 D-11

D

dubster72

Right chaps & chapess

I've had this one off & on the bench for yonks, and I'm stuck! The kit was a pig to build & because of the time I've taken, some bits have disappeared; the D/F loop, Morane aerial, drop tank holder thingy ...

IMG_20151119_195144.jpg

IMG_20151119_195037.jpg

So my question is ... is it worth continuing & displaying? I've got an idea for a little dio ;)

Any thoughts and/or suggestions will be gratefully received

Cheers

Patrick

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks great Patrick even with the bits missing ( can't you see if some members have the bits you need or scratch some ) it's well worth putting into a display of some sort.

D

Deleted member 4539

Of course it's worth continuing as you have already displayed it here.

You've done some great work with this that I can see.

And I'm with Ian above.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Definitely worth continuing Patrick , it looks fantastic. The missing bits can easily be scratched (well ,not sure about the 'thingy' !) The aerial can be made from plastic strip sanded to an aerofoil shape with a bit of stretched sprue for the whippy end bit and the DF loop can be made by cutting a section of the right diameter drinking straw , readily available from most fast food or coffe shops ( McDs here we come ! mines a choc chip frappe please) , cheers tony

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

Looks great to me, and yes, I would display it. You may know stuff is missing, but unless the only people looking at it are modeling pros, the missing stuff will probably go, well... unnoticed.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think it looks good and I'd display it!

If it bothers you surely a DF loop and Morane antenna could be easily scratch built. I know of four photos in which various portions of this aircraft are visible and I don't think it had an ETC rack fitted at JV 44. None of the other known 'Doras' at the unit did. Why would they as they only flew patrols over the airfield to cover the jets?

What werknummer do the decals give? I've only ever seen it assigned to the 220??? block.

Cheers

Steve

D

Dave1973

Patrick, your models always show a high level of skill, (higher than mine will probably ever be!)

Im still amazed that you show that plane, saying its not up to your standard, yet id eat a monkeys Testicle to acheive something like that. And i mean that!

As evryone else has said, if you cant scratch build the parts (which i believe you can) then surely someone will have some spares. Try Hannants.com as they sell odd bits.