Eduard 1:48 FW190A-8/R2 Fenlander

F

Fenlander

Right, the eagle landed this morning and I had to go to work ten minutes later so I didn't get a look at it.... But I am home now and at last, I can throw my hat into the ring.

I am building the Eduard 1:48 FW190A-8/R2 with the ICM Luftwaffe Ground Personnel figures (I hope) Sprues shots etc, sorry it is pic heavy but I have to post something, you lot are so far in front.

Optional wooden or metal prop

Loads of wheels....

Two fuselages, no idea why as yet as they look identical

Four canopies???? Spare box heaven so far. They must know I am so bad at doing them...

Typically gorgeous Eduard Photo Etch

Lovely decals, yep they are American markings. One of the options is for an all red captured bird

Heineken don't need to do instructions, Eduard's are probably the best in the world.

Add to that a really nice touch, a potted history of a battle between the Luftwaffe and American Bombers

The figures for my 'Scenic Display'. There is no way I am going to call it a diorama with the standards you guys set on here lol

Awww, look at the cute doggie.....

Let the fun begin.........

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks like a massive project. Also a lot of plastic and photo etch and dogs and......stuff. It looks like a fantastic kit for a great dio..sorry,"scenic display." Good luck,this should most definitely be fun.

Cheers

Steve

B

Backbreaker

Now that's a sweet lookin kit.

I'll be poly welded to this one Graham.:ohno:

BB.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice! I want one! LOL.

Glad you got your kit at last. I will be very interrested tp hear more about the two fusalages.

Looks a good un.

Now then; Get on with it!!!

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Boy oh boy oh boy! Ain't you got fun!?

That should keep you out of trouble for a while. But I did notice you can't seem to keep away from the four-legged critters!

Gern

PS The detail on those ICM figures looks very impressive from your pics. Are they really that good?

F

Fenlander

PS The detail on those ICM figures looks very impressive from your pics. Are they really that good?
Well, although I can use Photoshop quite well, these are the figures as they are. I think they are quite nice. If you look at the shot with the dog, you can see one of the mechanics hands holding a tin plate with his thumb holding the spoon, his other has a bit of bread which he is offering to the dog as in the box art. £6 for seven figures (and a dog) is great value. You can even see the medals in the torso shot.

What they will look like when I have daubed paint all over them is another matter, 1:48 figures are sooo small compared with the 1:35. As is my usual style, I will be attempting to re create the box art, this time the figures box art and with a 190 not a 109....

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I almost got hold of the Tamiya Spitfire with ground crew to do more or less the same thing. Then I looked at my 1/35 figures.... Then changed my mind LOL.

Realy looking forwards to se the results on this one.

Ian M

N

noble

Hi graham nice kit and the ground crew are cool, i have to admit i bought a similar set from Eduard pilots and ground crew. Good luck with it.

scott

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Now that looks a nice kit Graham, i've got them ICM figures on order so thanks for the sneek peek. Good look with the build.

Have fun, John

R

Richy C

Looking good Graham , the eduard fw190 looks a little bit more involved than the tamiya fw190 (thank god I got the latter LOL) , I like the figures I was tempted myself with the same ones but worked out with the speed I model I would struggle to get the gb finnished in 10 months let alone 3 LOL , I`m sure this one will turn out superb mate , keep us updated

Richy

F

Fenlander

Made a start on the engine just to clear up how the template works for the exhausts. Why is it that Radial engines always have a mould line on them???? Not going to see much of this so I didn't bother to clean them up. You can see the template held in position with blue tack, when fully dry this comes off and the back art of the engine is glued on.

F

Fenlander

That is the engine finished. Have also started on the cockpit. Tamiya Field Blue XF-50 is, as I thought, a good match for the colour on the cockpit side panels pre coloured photo etch so I will be using that as my interior colour.

Hope to post the cockpit tomorrow but for now the completed engine.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
That looks great I should have sent you mine ;)

N

noble

The engine looks magic graham still can't get over how detailed it isnice one

scott

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks excellent Graham

F

Fenlander

Done a bit of work on the cockpit. Also fed the Carpet Monster with a few bits of Photo Etch, don't you just love that 'ping' sound when you have a tiny bit in the tweezers.....

Anyway, none of this will be seen much when it is buttoned up so it doesn't matter too much.

Interesting to note that to the eye, there is no distinguishable difference between the grey on the photo etch and the Tamiya Field Blue I have sprayed it with, yet when photographed, the difference is quite great. Still, near enough for Rock & Roll as my mate said when I tuned his guitars for him prior to a gig.......

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Why did i go for a D-9? I what to build a engine now lol. Nice work Graham.

Have fun, John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
You've just posted before me, that is one sweet cockpit mate

JOhn

F

Fenlander

Cheers John. Trouble is, the engine will not really be seen. I think I am going to do my first bit of modification to open it up a bit more..... Oh why did I say that :busted_red:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
LOL, i know what you mean Graham. You say something then you just realize what you've said, you'll do it mate every confidence in you.

John.

PS, there's a lot of "you's" in there.