Eduard 1:48 FW190A-8/R2 Fenlander

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Sweet cockpit there. you're right,most of it will be hidden when it's all zipped up but it's definitely worth the work.

Cheers

Steve

D

dubster72

I don't know if it will help Graham, but when I was humming & haring about joining the GB, I researched the Eduard kits & found some info about problems fitting the upper & lower wings to the fuselage. I do have the link somewhere but I wasn't sure if it was breaking the GB rules to post it here!

Other than that, it looks really good, I'm quite tempted myself now!

Patrick

F

Fenlander

There has always been a leading edge problem with these kits but that is mainly, from what I have read, caused by not getting the main spar in the correct position. It would not be against the rules at all to post the thread, that is part of the Group Builds reason for being, to advise and learn from shared experiences.

Plenty od time left if you want to jump in mate, the waters warm and you would be more than welcome.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
just seen this graham, its outstanding mate. the colour photo etch is excellent isnt it. The belts look great too, im going to have a bash at making my own .As im keeping the cockpit closed up due to the kit detail being VERY basic, i might just get away with it!!!, keep up the good work , cheers tony

R

Richy C

Superb Graham , the cockpit looks fantastic mate , such a shame that yours and the other guys great work with engines & cockpits etc will get covered up and never been seen again if you know what I mean , still we all know its there and thats the main thing ,

keep us posted pal

Richy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That motor and cock-pit is the dogs dangly bits!

I know that If I had gone to so much effort to get something to look that good, I too would be sitting there looking at all the cowlings and panels trying to figure out a way to open them up!

Top notch stuff Graham!

F

Fenlander

Not much progress on the kit as I have had all sorts to do over the weekend. I have finished my ICM 1:48 Ground Personnel though. I am no figure painter but they will at least give the aircraft some scale. Also, as I am going to have some hatches open, the ground crew will fit in.

No dogs were harmed in the taking of this picture but his eyes did water for a while.......

D

dubster72

Excellent figures Graham, wish I could do as well in 1/35! And is that a piece of bread or a half-brick that guy's gonna whack the poor doggy with?!

Patrick

B

Backbreaker

Superb work Graham, a lovely clean build. You said your no figure painter, well if figures I paint come out half as good as yours I'll be a very happy chappy.

Joolz.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'll second what Joolz said! I'd be well chuffed with figures that good.

Gives a whole new meaning to pole dancing though!

Gern

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nicely done figures,looking very good. I understand that panels open is a good way to go with the Eduard kit,it should,along with all your other bits and bobs,make for a most excellent diorama. Was that a scenic display?

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

Scenic Display Steve lol. I have a little something else winging it's way to Peterborough to add to this so it may turn out to be the busiest of Scenic Displays I do.....

C

colprit

Graham, I noticed on the Eduard version John and I am doing, there is a clear part you can fit over either the guns or engine top not really sure which, but it is a way to show some of your good work if wanted. As you are doing a simalar kit perhaps you have the same option, just a thought.

F

Fenlander

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Colin. The clear part is odd, it appears to be for a different option but there is no need to leave it clear. That will also be open as it hinges from the back to stand in front of the canopy. To open the engine side panels, they need to be cut off at the lower panel line so that the lower part of the side panel will go in it's correct place with the upper panel part hinged out at about 90 degrees. However, the inside of the kit panel has a thicker part where the cut needs to be so take care doing it. Also after cutting, the upper part will need a bit of thinning off and a bit of scratch detail adding. I have seen this done on a build on Promodellers so although a fair bit of artistic licence, it does look good.

The engine is still pretty well covered though but I do like the look especially with the ground crew I want to go with it.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Great job on the figures matey, but i do feel sorry for the dog though lol.

Have fun, John

R

Richy C

Lovely job on them figures Graham , looking forward to this one pal

Richy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
just catching up with the threads, these figures are excellent graham , top work, cheers tony