Eduard 1:48 Mirage IIICJ

Been working on this Eduard Mirage IIICJ [although it's taken far longer than a weekend!] and it's 90% done. Pretty good kit although fiddly to build in parts. I've built it OOTB apart from replacing the kit seat with an aftermarket one.

Been painted with Tamiya Acrylics sprayed freehand. Just got to assemble all the bits now and paint a few bits that I forgot about!

View attachment 89819

View attachment 89820

View attachment 89821

View attachment 89822

View attachment 89823

View attachment 89824

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

S

Stevekir

How did you do the fuzzy edge to the camo? White tack sausages? Hand painted? Cardboard shape raised above the surface?

\ said:
How did you do the fuzzy edge to the camo? White tack sausages? Hand painted? Cardboard shape raised above the surface?
I didn't use any masking, just sprayed it freehand. Any fuzzy edges are my dodgy airbrushing!

D

dubster72

That's excellent! I like the Mirage & especially its Israeli copy the Kfir - the story behind it is amazing!

Can't wait to see this finished.

Cheers

Patrick

G

Graham D

\ said:
That's excellent! I like the Mirage & especially its Israeli copy the Kfir - the story behind it is amazing!Can't wait to see this finished.

Cheers

Patrick
Patrick, Is that the story of how Israel got the Mirage jet after France refused to sell it to them. If so, I heard the story over the weekend from a French guy I know whos father was in the French airforce at the time.

D

dubster72

\ said:
Patrick, Is that the story of how Israel got the Mirage jet after France refused to sell it to them. If so, I heard the story over the weekend from a French guy I know whos father was in the French airforce at the time.
Graham, the story I heard was that Mossad operatives infiltrated the Dassaut plant & obtained a full set of blueprints. Then with the DGSE hot on their heels, they escaped France by ' liberating ' 4 fast-attack boats held at Brest under the same arms embargo as the Mirage was under.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice. It will be great to see it finished.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Graham, the story I heard was that Mossad operatives infiltrated the Dassaut plant & obtained a full set of blueprints. Then with the DGSE hot on their heels, they escaped France by ' liberating ' 4 fast-attack boats held at Brest under the same arms embargo as the Mirage was under.
Sounds like some sort of spy movie all over again. Incredible story though

John

G

Graham D

\ said:
The story I heard was that the paper plans were going to be destroyed as they were going to be transfered to microfiche. Instead of them being destroyed they were smuggled out of France and made their way to Israel via Switzerland. However the Israelies got the plans, the outcome was the same. It make a nice model though, regardles of the nationality.