Eduard Fw190 F-8 - DD2356

D

dd2356

Hi Guys.

Well here are the sprue shots of the Eduard kit. As a number of other members are also using Eduardpro kits, i'm sure that you might have already seen some (or all) of the sprues and etch already, but anyway.

I'll probably be taking some time with this kit. Its my first plane for many decades, and it has literally hundreds of pieces. This is only the second etch kit as well, but i'm looking forward to it.

Not sure yet on the particular version or finish that i'm aiming for, maybe i'll be inspired once i get stuck into it.

View attachment 22857

View attachment 22858

View attachment 22859

View attachment 22860

View attachment 22861

View attachment 22862

View attachment 22863

View attachment 22864

View attachment 22865

View attachment 22866

DSCF0064..JPG

DSCF0062..JPG

DSCF0061..jpg

DSCF0059..jpg

etch 1..jpg

DSCF0063..JPG

etch 2..jpg

DSCF0065..JPG

DSCF0058..JPG

DSCF0060..jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Good luck Dave. Looking forward to seeing this one.

D

dd2356

Well, started on the cockpit today. The etch pieces are sooooooooo tiny that the eye strain and frustration is making me feel physically sick!! I've just spent almost 20 minutes trying to fit a part which is about the size of an earwigs hanky, only to realise that it wasn't even in the jaws of the tweezers. I'd left it behind in the spot of Superglue that i dip the smaller bits in!!!

So after over an hour, i have a cockpit less than an inch square, ready for primer.

This truly is going to be a long build

Dave

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I know exactly how you feel! At least you got there in the end. Probably only another couple of hundred bits to go now lol.

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Heck Dave, that's going to be some build!

After all my bleating about my naff 190, I'm glad now it has so few pieces, I don't think my mince pies could take what you are going through!!

Good luck, I'm sure you will win through..

Ron

C

colprit

Hi Dave I know exactly what your going through as my eduard kit of the FW 190 is just as bad with its small etched parts, I to thought I stuck some parts in the cockpit only to find that I hadn't later when the cockpit was finished, but it doesn't really matter much as you would never know, unless I showed you. Then you would have to believe me as the bits need a microscopee to see them.

F

Fenlander

I know this is going to come over as condescending and I apologise as it is not intended to be. Make sure you have everything painted before you attach pre coloured Photo Etch as masking it would be so difficult. Also make sure for bits like the side panel instrument PE parts that you sand off the raised plastic detail before attaching, it really needs to be a flat surface to get a good bonding.