Eduard Spitfire Mk.IXc - 1/48

A

Andy Claesens

Cracking start Jim,

I've got an Eduard Mk IXc
Eduard Spitfire IXc Boxart.JPG
in the stash so I'll watch with great interest.
Tally Ho!
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jim.
Very nice indeed, love those jigs, a very neat idea.:thumb2:

Now on to very very serious matter.....................did I read you left towels on the floor !!!!!! you , yes you President of The Tidy Bench Club, Sir I demand a reapplication to the club forthwith. Regards to Mrs R , she has my sympathy in these matters, I am another who cannot abide towels on the floor.:surprised:
Yours.
J Race
Tidy Bathroom Club.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice and clean looking build Jim.:thumb2:
Great looking homemade jigs too, what are the blue strips?

Fernando

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Jim.
Very nice indeed, love those jigs, a very neat idea.:thumb2:

Now on to very very serious matter.....................did I read you left towels on the floor !!!!!! you , yes you President of The Tidy Bench Club, Sir I demand a reapplication to the club forthwith. Regards to Mrs R , she has my sympathy in these matters, I am another who cannot abide towels on the floor.:surprised:
Yours.
J Race
Tidy Bathroom Club.

Hmmm, I’m not sure which phrase to use. “Pot, kettle, black” or “the tables have turned”:upside:
Towels on floor....serious infraction indeed:anguished:
John....we must meet in the boardroom and discus how to precede...are you thinking a revolution? :tongue-out:

Jim....you are doing a cracking job of this and I like the idea of the stand....think I’ve broken wheels off all my winged builds!

Si

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hmmm, I’m not sure which phrase to use. “Pot, kettle, black” or “the tables have turned”:upside:
Towels on floor....serious infraction indeed:anguished:
John....we must meet in the boardroom and discus how to precede...are you thinking a revolution? :tongue-out:

Jim....you are doing a cracking job of this and I like the idea of the stand....think I’ve broken wheels off all my winged builds!

Si

Yes Si.
Think this calls for a full meeting . Of course If I become a member of the Tidy Bench Club with full membership the to the Club then this slight lack of stewardship by Jim will be forgotten.
J Race .

First Name
Wouter
tsst ssk, after so many years of marriage you should know that wet towels on the floor are a no-go :smirk::tongue-out:

Cheers

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Been good - hung up the bath towels to dry :smiling: Missus is very happy!
The blue stuff on the home made stand is thin dense foam. I think it is meant for some kind of craft. Quite useful stuff.
A bit of progress.
P1050325.JPG
P1050326.JPG
P1050329.JPG
P1050330.JPG
On the centre of the prop are 8 tiny decals. There are actually 4 decals at the base of each blade but they just don't show up - they are there honest!
Unfortunately the front clear canopy piece had a tiny crack/blemish. I polished it and dipped it in Klear but it is still visible. It may not show when painted as it is hardly on the clear part but ....
P1050328.JPG
Anyway I emailed Eduard. Got a reply straight away and they have put a replacement in the post. Great customer service - well done Eduard :thumb2:
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jim .
As neat as ever. Good to read of service blike that, definitely not Dragon then :smiling2:

Good to hear that Mrs R has let you off this time .! :thumb2:
John

First Name
Wouter
Good to see paint flowing chap. And that's great customer service of Eduard indeed, as it should!

Cheers

D

Deleted member 6559

More fine work Jim, as neat and clean as ever.

We had two Spitfires flying in formation over the house last week. We live near the Kent County Cricket ground AKA The Spitfire Ground after it's sponsor, Shepherd Neame's, favourite beer. When there's a big match on there's often a flypast.

First Name
Andrew
"Our local Spitfire has flown over twice this week. Stll rush to the window for a glimpse."[/QUOTE]

Peter, Have you seen that you can have a 20 minute flight from Biggin Hill in one of the trainer Spitfires. It only costs FROM about £1200, so have a word with Mrs D to get the OK??? (My wife has already told me what she thinks!!! :sad:)

D

Deleted member 6559

Saw that Andy. You can just sit in one for £80 - bargain!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
You can sit in one at Hendon for a tenner!

Pete

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Jim

Lovely detailed and intricate update. The tyres are looking great. Hopebthe Eduard stuff has arrived okay

Steve

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Peter and Andy. Watching real Spitfires - of course I'm not jealous!!! :worried::rolling:
A fair bit of progress. Cockpit masked - those ready cut masks are good :thumb2: - and primed with Stynylrez grey.
P1050331.JPG
P1050332.JPG
Underside painted with Mr Hobby and lacquer thinners.
P1050338.JPG
More masking and grey top coat on the upper surfaces and then I used that Panzer Putty for the first time. I bought it a while ago - I am a real soft touch for anything new and gimmicky :rolling: Worked though :thumb2:
P1050339.JPG
Green sprayed and putty removed. Came off easily and only a couple of little touch ups will be needed.
P1050340.JPG
P1050341.JPG
Then I did a silly thing. I removed all the other masking including the cockpit masks. I will now have to remask the canopy to gloss coat for decals etc. Too impatient to see how it was looking :confused:
Also cleaned up the pilot and gave him a white coat of primer. Superb detail but my figure painting isn't anywhere good enough to make the most of it.
P1050336.JPG
P1050337.JPG
Thunder and lightning has stopped so off to take the dogs out for a walk.
Thanks for your continued support.
Jim
By the way - Eduard came good. New front canopy in double quick time.

Last edited:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking prop and wheel wells Jim, very nice paint job too.:thumb2:
Glad the canopy arrived quickly and the pilot looks nicely molded lots of painting potential.:smiling4:

Fernando

First Name
Wouter
Hi Jim

Nice paintwork, love how the camouflage turned out. And no worries on the removal of the canopy masking I'd say. A gloss coat wouldn't hurt the canopy, even the clear parts, on the contrary.

Figure will suit it well!

Cheers

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What's your opinion on Panzer Putty? I've been looking at trying it for a while but it's a bit pricey.