Elan13 75mm (1/24) Corporal Philip Smith VC 17th Regt Sevastopol 1855

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Next victim(s) on the model bench is this two figure vignette from the excellent Elan13 models , available here -

Corporal Philip Smith VC 17th Regt Sevastopol 1855 rescuing an officer.

Corporal Smith won his VC at Sevastopol for repeatedly going out in front of the advanced trenches against the Great Redan, on the 18th June 1855, under a very heavy fire, after the column had retired from the assault and bringing in wounded comrades.

Everything has been base painted with Tamiya acrylics via airbrush and will then be painted in oils. Work has ben started on the trousers, couple of touch ups needed and the bandage to be finished.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Looks very nice. Quite compact and intricate. Off to a good start.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You have my total respect Steve as your figure painting talents are fantastic. This is off to a great start, but that must have been a hell of a battle. Lotsa blood and the poor blighter lost his head and leg too.........Seriously, this is wonderful stuff Sir!!!...

One day, before I go tits-up, I would like to try and paint a big figure myself. Does paint stripper come in 55 gallon drums???.........

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Excellent work so far Steve.

I'm going to be honest and say that when I first came back to the hobby several years ago, large scale figures like this did nothing for me.

But the work of people on here such as yourself and the departed Peter Day have helped greatly in me developing an appreciation for them.

Keep up the great work.

All the best.

Andrew

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You have my total respect Steve as your figure painting talents are fantastic. This is off to a great start, but that must have been a hell of a battle. Lotsa blood and the poor blighter lost his head and leg too.........Seriously, this is wonderful stuff Sir!!!...

One day, before I go tits-up, I would like to try and paint a big figure myself. Does paint stripper come in 55 gallon drums???.........

Prost
Allen
Haha , yep thats gonna take more than a sticky plaster to sort out . Sure you wont need any paint stripper.
Excellent work so far Steve.

I'm going to be honest and say that when I first came back to the hobby several years ago, large scale figures like this did nothing for me.

But the work of people on here such as yourself and the departed Peter Day have helped greatly in me developing an appreciation for them.

Keep up the great work.

All the best.

Andrew

Many Thanks, Pete is still at it , over on Planet figure - https://www.planetfigure.com/members/peter-day.11141/

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Arms, heads and legs just blue tacked on.
Get the reds painted, baked in the slow cooker for 30-40mins to dry out, then matt varnished, now need to be dusted/dirtied up a bit. Started on the heads, again painted in Oils. Need to sort out Phil's bulbous right eye and give the wounded chap a right eye !, can hopefully then get on with the 'whites' and the cuffs.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Coming on a treat. The more I look at it the intricate I realise it is.
Jim

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely Steve!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Steve. Great that you’ve gone with the brick red colour for the tunic as well. Certainly brings authenticity to them.