Eldar Farseer (Warhammer 40K)

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
View attachment 98273

View attachment 98274

Thought I would post this little fellow I finished recently to show what else I do with my time, painting these chaps is one of the reasons the models progress slowly. For those not familiar with the system this was a 3 or 4 piece figure in 28mm (roughly 1/60).

Not too bad a job but looking at the photos now there are a few spots that could do with touching up. That's a problem taking pictures of these small figures you magnify them so much every little error is visible.

Farseer1.JPG

Farseer2.JPG

N

noble

Nice work there Dave, I especially like the gems, I don't build or paint the figures myself just a selection of vehicles who's pictures are on this site, I like this stuff as it allows your imagination to take hold.

scott

First Name
Aaron
Looking Good mate, I watch a lot of vid on war hammer painters. Some of the skills are transferable to Armour although I haven't found much use for glowing effects for a panzer yet :cool:. Have you heard of Dr fausts painting clinic?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I love these figures, cannot paint them for toffee but my lad had some, many years ago and I thought they looked ace! Great work Dave, I think you have achieved a superb figure.

Si:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Good Job ........... Like Si, I can't paint figures. Wish I could ........... But I admire those that can.

Peter

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Scott I also do some of the vehicles. I went from modelling as a kid into wargaming, and then back into modelling.

Aaron I know Dr Fausts painting clinic, there is some good stuff on there.

Painting figures is like anything, practice. There are some simple tricks that can lift a figure quite quickly particularly, a slightly darker wash over clothes can quickly give a shadow to creases etc.