Elefant in Berlin 1945

S

skipyy77

Hello I have an Elefant kit from Dragon in 1/35th scale it's a premium kit so it has nice details. This is a late kit with the option of making it early i.e. gun mount optional.

I read that there were 2 Elefants defending Berlin in 1945. I can't find any reference pics of these vehicles in any books I have. Does any one have some pics that they could please share.

They were part of 653. Schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung, fighting with Jagdtigers.

I'm not sure of their numbers if any and whether they had zimmerit on or not as some may have been remove in the factory refit, and colour schemes and which unit they were in? 1st, 2nd or third?

Also I have a question about the road wheels, the kit instructions state to paint the outer section of the wheel black, but all pictures I have seen show this as yellow? did they have rubber tyres on the wheels or were they all steel?

cheers

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
The road wheels IRC had a a thin rubber outer on the steel wheels just like any other tracked vehicle.

Have also PMed you a link that maybe useful.

Si:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this maybe off some help have to swint a bit but you can see the rubber over lay on the road wheels

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Elefant+ww11&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=bpoNU8yeMofPkQXg-4HoCg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1906&bih=946#imgdii=_

Moni

View attachment 78578

1-48th-elephant-a.jpg