EMHAR Bedford OLBD 1/24

F

Fenlander

WP_20160524_10_32_47_Pro.jpg

Finally got this finished today.  This is a stunning kit and it has taught me a lot about patience as being patient is the only way I would get the finish I wanted.  I wanted this to be 'as new'.  Not exactly showroom as I doubt I can get that good a finish.  One day this may sit on a trailer or low loader under the title 'Off to Truckfest' so it will be part of a double model.

I know it isn't perfect, I doubt I will ever do a perfect build but it has been a real pleasure to build.

You will notice I have the headlamps in the wrong place, only spotted after taking pictures.........

Bedford LWB-1.jpg

Bedford LWB-2.jpg

Bedford LWB-3.jpg

Bedford LWB-4.jpg

Bedford LWB-5.jpg

Bedford LWB-6.jpg

Bedford LWB-7.jpg

Bedford LWB-8.jpg

Bedford LWB-9.jpg

Bedford LWB-10.jpg

Last edited:
L

Leighbo

I think you're selling yourself short, it looks pretty showroom fresh to me! A great job I especially like the wooden bed, very realistic

K

kintosh

Very nice Graham . I restored a Dinky tipper and I know how difficult it is to get that grille painted just right and you have looks a treat.

Bob

D

Deleted member 4539

Well,I think you've done a great job of this Graham.

Very nicely painted.

Sod the headlamps,who cares? :D not me.

F

Fenlander

Well,I think you've done a great job of this Graham.

Very nicely painted.

Sod the headlamps,who cares? :D not me.

Happily, the headlamps are now in the correct place and the side lights are where the headlamps were.  I also forgot the door handles, they are also on  9_9

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great little truck Graham. Might have a go at one some day.

I like the idea of doing a dio with it on the back of a transport lorry.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I like that one Graham, nice to see something civilian of that vintage. Great work.