Engin position?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Where was the engin positioned on the SD.KFZ.222 armoured car ?

I've built one for a dio that's been knocked out and I want to get an accurate position for scorching.

Cheers

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Alan, it is rear mounted mate.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers Si :smiling3:
No probs, I take it this is for the new dio? This type of vehicle was hampered in the desert for its poor off-road handling despite being 4x4.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Yes Si it is , my son bought this kit to do a similar dio by himself but he wouldn't let me have it for mine so I got one , I hope it looks ok on it , I'm not surprised it struggled in the desert , the shocks are to small and the wheels were way to close to the wheel guards it just had no room to acomedate such rough terrain.

Thanks for giving me the ideas in the first place , it should be finished tomorrow :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yes Si it is , my son bought this kit to do a similar dio by himself but he wouldn't let me have it for mine so I got one , I hope it looks ok on it , I'm not surprised it struggled in the desert , the shocks are to small and the wheels were way to close to the wheel guards it just had no room to acomedate such rough terrain.Thanks for giving me the ideas in the first place , it should be finished tomorrow :smiling3:
Looking forward to it.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You might find this interesting

http://pzfaust.tripod.com/Photos/Vehicles/SdKfz222.htm

A restoration project that shows quite well the engine compartment and access hatches to it.

Ian M