Enterprise-D, Resistance is futile

B

backonthecase

If anyone knows Star Trek, they'll know Borg, and the habit they have of assimilating anything they find in their travels.

Here is the early stages of my attempt to have the "Generations" USS Enterprise partially assimilated by the Borg. Ths is the 1st time I've done damage to this extent so please bear with me. I'm using various sources, including an article on battle damage from starshipmodeler.com, which is ace!

1st - the inital damage that started the crews many problems

I chewed the plastic away with the dremel, thinned it and added the twisted metal from wine bottle and scalpel blade foil

Dorsal primary hull "modifications"

And the ventral

I've only gotten as far as the captains yacht bay on the underside but I'm finding some greeblies to add in.

It's an odd one ladies and gents but comments are welcome as always

:nerd:

Stitch

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Never really was into Star Trek. Always been a Star Wars man personally. Although i do have to admit i do have a soft spot for Captain Catherine Janeway :twisted:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Those two together in my..............anyway moving on. Lookin good so far. I must admit i'd like to see someone build a Borg Cube

F

Fenlander

I was/am seriously in love with Commander Deanna Troi....... Oh, yep, nice work so far, looking great.... Mmmmmm Commander Deanna Troi................

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I'm going to keep an eye on this Stuart, don't know if you know but i'm a big Star Trek fan. Liking the idea that 1701-D has been assimilated, keep up the good work matey i'm still in the middle of building U.S.S Voyager.

Have fun, John

And remember, We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Deanna Troi, seven of nine, thats a hard call. Can I say both :tongueout2:

B

backonthecase

Graham I also have had a long term "issue" with Troi/Marina Sirtis... she made the early TNG episodes at least watchable!

Allyne, I believe that would be the most dull model I'd ever build.... The instructions would read

"Cement wire A to wire B".

"Repeat 5,000,000 times"

hahahaha

John, this is a first of it's kind for me, but there are so many excellent ships out there it's hard to resist. I also have the AMT Excelsior that I painted when I was about 13 and it's due for a strip down and rebuild now that I'm on a sci-fi kick!! Can you please post some pics of Voyager? I for one would like to see what Revell make of her...

Ian, it's not a hard call at all, Troi is part of the French word for 3 and Seven is after 3, so first Troi, then Seven...

hahahaa I'll get me coat!!

Stuart

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Will do Stuart but it's going to be a long build, i've had it way before christmas and i'm still cutting the windows out for the lighting. And i'll tell you one thing matey, Revell as made a very nice Voyager. As for women of Star Trek you've forgot one, my favorite Nana Visitor or "Kira Nerys", now there's a woman i wouldn't say no to lol.

Have fun, John

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Still like Natasha Yar too lol

B

backonthecase

Naa never been a Kira fan, Jadzia Dax however....:lala: Yummy

Not seeing the appeal of Natasha Yar.

John, I'm sure lighting it will be worth the time taken. I wouldn't know where to start with the electrics!!

Stuart

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
I wouldn't know where to start with the electrics!
I'm lucky with lighting up Voyager as it's only got the strob lights flashing, the red & green nav lights just stay illuminated. Anyways i'll shut up now and let you get back to assimilate the big "D".

Have fun, John

P

phalinmegob

a mate of mine has built a borg cube using a box and layers and layers of old sprues,has not finished yet but it is starting to look quit good,will have to see if i can get a pic off him or try and get him to join up this site,but he is embarrassed to admit to people that he builds model.might damage his street cred,always does it with the curtains closed lol.

X

X-Wing Ace

Love the original Trek, and the Movies. The new one was excellent, blown away by it.

The best thing about Trek as a modeler is the shear amount of ship kits available. In my early teens I built many of the Enterprise ships, NCC-1701 A, B, D and the original Enterprise kit with the wonky engine. Never made a good job of them but learnt a lot while doing them, including the slow tedium of painting the escape pods on the surface of the Enterprise D!

Looking forward to the rest of the build mate.