'er we go again...

Where should we place the completed GB builds?

• Should they be in the completed GB section?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should they be in the completed section for the relevant subject?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So I was looking in the completed sections and have come to the conclusion that things could be better. I fear that there are a lot of completed GB builds that get missed when most people good directly to the completed sections for all the builds to see who has finished what.

The only thing is that the title will have to include the "GB (DATE) so that they are easier to find among the 'ordinary' builds. For example:
Ian M's Famo half-track GB 2017

Or "Monica's Sd.Kfz.251,Ausf,C and put a tag with "GB (date) "

If it does go ahead, I will start with the newest builds first and work back as time permits.

Someone mentioned it to me a while ago, I think it was Bob, and I must admit I thought it a pretty good idea, so you can blame him :LOL

D

Deleted member 3568

Sounds good to me, I must admit I don't think I've ever looked in the gb completed lists I just assumed all completed were posted in the normal completed section for that genre.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ah so ,In the tag box,you put GB, or so on,so did I do some think wrong, :$ O.o

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
ah so ,In the tag box,you put GB, or so on,so did I do some think wrong, :$ O.o

Not at all Moni. I'm just playing with the idea of moving things around a bit and getting All the completed builds in more or less the same area...

Sounds good to me, I must admit I don't think I've ever looked in the gb completed lists

Which is exactly me reason behind my thoughts of merging them...

B

Builder

Great idea Ian... and yes it was me who mentioned it when I did my post for the Tracked Armour GB. I think it would be great if we just posted completed GB builds in their relevant sections with the GB name included in the title or a tag like you suggested.  

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So not that much interest but I can see that the trend is they should be put with the other completed builds....

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I voted for them to go into the relevant section.

Or have a sub forum for completed GB builds ie set up a sub forum for the completed models inside the GB section (like the sub forums in the SIG section which was hardly used but seems an efficient way to post them in my opinion (eg Ian M's Phantom SIG,  Papa 695's Tiger Meet SIG, etc http://www.scale-models.co.uk/forum/153-completed-sig-builds/

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A good idea Joe but my aim is to try get all the completed builds in one place. It is so easy to miss them if they are spread around. I just think it will make it easier to find things:

You saw a completed aircraft a while back and need to find it again. is it here? nope is it there? Nope! Could it be in here then?.... Bugger. where the heck is it?!?!?
If all the completed build where in the same place only one place to look for each genre .

I think I will do a typical opinion poll thing. 
70% of all people asked agree that it was a good idea. 
LOL :P