Euro Expo Folkestone 11th and 12th May.Anyone going?.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well done Pete.Thrilled and pleased for you.Well deserved as i enjoyed viewing them.
Good on ya.
Richard

Steve Jones

Apprentice Bodger
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Congratulations Peter. I am so pleased they went down well with the judges. I am sure everyone enjoyed seeing them. It must have made your day. Well done sir

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well done and congratulations Pete. Were there any other toon displays apart from yours?

Are there any other pictures from the show. Seems like without MM won't see them published.

Cheers,
Richard

Pete Low

"The Toon Technician"
SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Some Pic's from the show.

The one's at the back got silver but the one at the front got nothing both were in the same class as me !!!

Pete.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good to see some photos.I didnt get chance to view comps.Was helping on S.K stand all day Saturday.On the whole i enjoyed the show apart from being referred to as Mr.Boring from a couple.If i was like my old mate Stevo id have chinned them.
Back to the bench hussar.
Richard.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Barry.
Yes there were aircraft models particularly from Modelling clubs.I caught glimpses of some great Seaking models and a 32nd Tornado GR.1 and Luftwaffe Uhu.
Richard.

Andy Belsey

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good to see some photos.I didnt get chance to view comps.Was helping on S.K stand all day Saturday.On the whole i enjoyed the show apart from being referred to as Mr.Boring from a couple.If i was like my old mate Stevo id have chinned them.
Richard.
Try not to listen to daft comments like that. We all know that you’re a great bloke and definitely not boring. Some people are so insecure that they have to pull others down to feel better about themselves. Try not to take it to heart and leave them with their sad view of life. It’s their problem, don’t make it yours!
Andy

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry I missed you Pete. I did study your toons. Nice to see them in them in the flesh. Darren said you were looking for me and I stayed with Darren and my sections display hoping to meet you. It was good to meet again Peter and Richard. Let's hope there's another Euro to meet up.
My day was muted by stumbling down the bottom stair at the entrance, while carrying all my trench models! They are virtually unscathed but at the expense of my right ankle. I thought it was just a sprain but after being on it some of the day and then driving an hour and twenty minutes home it was very bruised and swollen. I spent the evening in A&E and they think it is fractured, so I have a big ski boot on it for two weeks! I can't drive, so can't work.
Andy
Sorry to read this Andy, hope you recover soon. Bet you were grateful that the models were ok, but quite a shock to tumble like that.
John.

John Race

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Richard.
You should had done Richard, no doubt they were experts in nothing.

John Race

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Some Pic's from the show.

The one's at the back got silver but the one at the front got nothing both were in the same class as me !!!

Pete.
Well done Pete, good for you.
Judges have some funny agendas at times when they seem to overlook something that is so good.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for the pictures Pete. Pay no attention to those comments by the couple, Richard. Andy, carrying anything in front of you makes a blind spot...hope you're on the mend.

Cheers,
Richard

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Andy,

So sorry to hear the news and I hope that there is no fracture, just a really bad sprain. I know the stairs well down to the first landing from the little restaurant. There are so many different flights of stairs in the whole building with all the levels. Behind the stage you have even more that go down to the dressing/green rooms and they are really bad.

Richard, I hope you too are ok and have no bad after effects or a sprain. Take care of yourself there youngster!!!

Pete, A hearty congrats from me too buddy!!! Much deserved as you put a lot of heart and soul into those little masterpieces. Feels good, don't it!!!

One last thing Gents...Were there a lot of vendors there too???

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Try not to listen to daft comments like that. We all know that you’re a great bloke and definitely not boring. Some people are so insecure that they have to pull others down to feel better about themselves. Try not to take it to heart and leave them with their sad view of life. It’s their problem, don’t make it yours!
Andy
Hi Andy.Nice to hear from you.
Andy
Hi Andy.I think my failings are that i like to engage with everybody and some i admire and meet for first time usually turn out not so friendly.Im quite a solitary animal at times and i have learnt to not be so trusting.In future i will migrate towards folk like Darren and try and not be The Peoples friend.I try and see the good in everyone.
Hope your ankle gets better real soon.
Bless you.
Richard.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
You should had done Richard, no doubt they were experts in nothing.
Sadly my friend theres quite a cliquey feeling to the gathered masses.I found the guys i meet from here turn out top fellas.I hope to meet many more in future including your good self.
Onwards and upwards dear boy.
Richard.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow Andy,

So sorry to hear the news and I hope that there is no fracture, just a really bad sprain. I know the stairs well down to the first landing from the little restaurant. There are so many different flights of stairs in the whole building with all the levels. Behind the stage you have even more that go down to the dressing/green rooms and they are really bad.

Richard, I hope you too are ok and have no bad after effects or a sprain. Take care of yourself there youngster!!!

Pete, A hearty congrats from me too buddy!!! Much deserved as you put a lot of heart and soul into those little masterpieces. Feels good, don't it!!!

One last thing Gents...Were there a lot of vendors there too???
The show was quieter than before and not so many traders.I always find the guys i meet from here are diamonds.Be good to see you dear Alen sometime.
Richard.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for the pictures Pete. Pay no attention to those comments by the couple, Richard. Andy, carrying anything in front of you makes a blind spot...hope you're on the mend.

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard.Guys on here are some of the nicest folks i know.I treasure the company of all.
Richard.

Pete Low

"The Toon Technician"
SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Richard the pic's were no problem just the quality :flushed: , as I now know what you look like I will always say hello to you my mate and that goes for anyone else on this forum.
Pete.

Andy Belsey

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Richard,
I stood next to you at Euro and we had some interaction but I wasn't quite sure if you recognised me without my pegs? I was in a lot of pain, so didn't find the SK stall. You came to the centre of the room and I was with Tommy's War but came over to you. Hopefully, next time I can consentrate on conversations.
Andy

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I didnt recognise you without the pegs Andy.I did say hi to somebody i thought was you but he said im.Clive!!.I should have asked Darren at Tommys war.I think im going to get a name badge done as people dont associate me with Mookies miniatures.I kept getting called Steve from S.K.As Captain bertorelli from Allo Allo would say Whata mistaka to makea!!!.Im sure we will meet again soon.
Hope the ankle is improving.
Richard.