Evergreen Aviation Museum

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick you’re just full of “Goodies” today WoW very nice set of pics. Like PaulE said earlier thanks for sharing.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Great Stuff Rick,

Thanks for the pics and did you get to meet Howard too??? Now for the mathematical question of the day, How many Me-262's could fit inside the Spruce Goose???....You got 5 minutes to answer Buddy!!!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick

Yet again, thanks for sharing.

ATB.

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
How many Me-262's could fit inside the Spruce Goose???....You got 5 minutes to answer Buddy!!!
None. The fuselage was 7.44 m wide on the outside, and minus quite a bit for the ribs, as the photo shows; an Me 262 was 10.6 m long and 12.6 m wide, and the narrowest it can probably be when parked diagonally seems to be about 10 metres (based on some quick measurements in a top-view drawing).

So: you couldn’t get one inside of it.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
Looks a great place. The Spruce Goose is certainly a one off monster.
Is that Salem the place with the witches?
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi All, Glad you enjoyed the pix.......I hope to get more on my next visit. There is an aerospace building as well so hope to spend some time in it also. Looking forward to the next visit already! I was amazed at the size of that "plywood wonder".......and that 262 looks like an insect parked next to it. :tongue-out3: Oh, Jim......the Salem Witch Trials were in Massachusetts;):nerd: here endeth the history lesson for the day:rolling::thumb2:
Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Rick m8ty some crackin pic of that spruce gousse an if it was me id have a hard job leavin the place as so many planes there like the big one that i will never see in real life but as all the guys have said MANY THANKS FOR SHAREIN the pics
an glad you had a good day an please get back to that earospace place an take loads of piccies as i would really enjoy that as in this country all the good places like this to visit are all mostly at the bottom of this contry an to far away to visit but where i live in norfolk the best jen an i can hope for is a vist to an old norman castle in norwich an it dont intrest me at all
ATB to you m8ty
chris an jen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for sharing those pics, Rick. It'll take a life time before I can get anywhere near these places. Corvid just made it worst.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
There seems to be a lot of planes parked outside like a Voodoo, Neptune and C-47 besides an F-14, Mig-29 and a weird helicopter seen from the top of Googlemaps.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
No worry Jim....Just goes to show what a lack of imagination some of the elected officials suffered from when coming up with new names of places for people to live...LOL:tongue-out3: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So true Dave.......the Colonies also Plagiarized a lot of town names from the UK.......I can't imagine how many but it must be in the hundreds. Rick H.