"Excuse us, but is this the way to Rorke's Drift!"

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Recently my wife surprised me with a couple of boxes of 1/72 Zulus, so a final 100 painted and destined for Lt. Chard and company......

I'll obviously chop their bases off just before I stick the figures on to the diorama.

P1210482.JPG

P1210483.JPG

P1210485.JPG

P1210487.JPG

These additions will make a total of just under 500 figures figures on the model.......:upside:

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
So what's that - about 240 zulus so far? Only another 3760 to go!

Dave, I've had a look at the finished model thread and on it are 240 Zulus + the 150 odd British soldiers. Add to that this batch, that will give us almost 500 diddy people......I need a drink!
We all had some good crack when I was making the model didn't we?

Edit - Thanks Jim, nice one!

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
We all had some good crack when I was making the model didn't we?
Ron

Yeah. But I'm still disappointed you didn't build the hills to line up all your zulus like in the film! I mean, it wouldn't be a problem for a man with your dioramering skills; the only issue would be when you try to kick Justine out into the garden shed to make room for it!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I can't kick her out into the garden shed, she already lives there!......:smiling4:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice work Ron. One of my favorite movies by the way.:thumb2:
Cheers, Rick H.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I can't kick her out into the garden shed, she already lives there!......:smiling4:

So what's the problem then? I'm beginning to think you don't really want to paint the other 3760 zulus - despite the fact it would be a REALLY amazing dio!

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Ron - if you are thinking of converting any of the figures the pins used by insect collectors are really good - hard steel and very thin. The best supplier is a company called Watkins & Doncaster from Kent.

Peter

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the suggestion Peter. Unfortunately this afternoon I glued all the figures onto the diorama. I will log your excellent idea for any future conversions.

Dave and Rick - NO MORE B****Y ZULUS! ... and yes, I know I'm shouting but I can't fit any more on the base....... :tongue-out3:

Although I am seriously considering building the burned out hospital and try to figure out a way to extend the existing diorama.

Yours.
Prince Dabulamanzi kaMpande.
Commander Zulu Impi.
Rorke's Drift

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Thanks for the suggestion Peter. Unfortunately this afternoon I glued all the figures onto the diorama. I will log your excellent idea for any future conversions.

Dave and Rick - NO MORE B****Y ZULUS! ... and yes, I know I'm shouting but I can't fit any more on the base....... :tongue-out3:

Although I am seriously considering building the burned out hospital and try to figure out a way to extend the existing diorama.

Yours.
Prince Dabulamanzi kaMpande.
Commander Zulu Impi.
Rorke's Drift
So this is where you have been hiding and taking up a foreign nationality, you are not the bloke that keeps emailing me wanting to hide some money in my bank accout are you??? Cheers, Mike.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great looking Zulu chaps.....nice work.....they will beef up the dio a treat....

Also, if you are after pins, as well as entomology pins, look up a lace makers supplier. They sell pins of bewildering types, sizes and metals...all reasonably priced....and of high quality....