Expected 1/32 aircraft releases.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
With my stash getting ever smaller I decided to look at what 1/32 releases are expected from the more interesting model companies, using Scalemates.

Sadly nothing from Tamiya. There has been speculation that a bf109G was in development but those CADS that were allegedly evidence of this turn out to be of the old very flawed Trumpeter kit. Anything that Tamiya releases in 1/32 would be an absolute must buy, sight unseen, but they remain silent.

Next up, Zoukei Mura, there is a lot to look forward to from these. An AR-234 is being developed and that is certainly to look forward to along with a P51 B/C and a bf109G. I rate ZM as a producer second only to Tamiya in quality, at least with their newer kits. I am not interested in all their output but they certainly push the boundaries and don’t only fixate on ‘bankables’.

HKM is another company that I particularly like. Their output is often flawed but they are buildable and they push the boundaries. From them a JU52 is promised, that will be big and interesting, but not one that I will be compelled to buy. Not mentioned on Scalemates but they are also meant to be releasing a FW190 and a Spey engined F4 Phantom, these are much more to my taste.

ICM are producing some excellent 1/32’s and will be releasing a Fiat Falco soon. Great to see an Italian 1/32 aircraft but a biplane? We will see......

well some things there to look forward to.

First Name
Carl
With my stash getting ever smaller I decided to look at what 1/32 releases are expected from the more interesting model companies, using Scalemates.

Sadly nothing from Tamiya. There has been speculation that a bf109G was in development but those CADS that were allegedly evidence of this turn out to be of the old very flawed Trumpeter kit. Anything that Tamiya releases in 1/32 would be an absolute must buy, sight unseen, but they remain silent.

Next up, Zoukei Mura, there is a lot to look forward to from these. An AR-234 is being developed and that is certainly to look forward to along with a P51 B/C and a bf109G. I rate ZM as a producer second only to Tamiya in quality, at least with their newer kits. I am not interested in all their output but they certainly push the boundaries and don’t only fixate on ‘bankables’.

HKM is another company that I particularly like. Their output is often flawed but they are buildable and they push the boundaries. From them a JU52 is promised, that will be big and interesting, but not one that I will be compelled to buy. Not mentioned on Scalemates but they are also meant to be releasing a FW190 and a Spey engined F4 Phantom, these are much more to my taste.

ICM are producing some excellent 1/32’s and will be releasing a Fiat Falco soon. Great to see an Italian 1/32 aircraft but a biplane? We will see......

well some things there to look forward to.
I like the idea of the biplane in 1/32 scale.