Experimental Command KBT-7 Tank

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Not having made anything for sometime now I was very surprised to see a message for me on another modeling site from our own Si Benson asking if I was ok and that there was basically a shortage of braille scalers out there ,I replied saying that I had still been watching the old crew (MM) on here and at mogglin matters ,bought books on the subject even the odd kit made a few false starts but have just had total lack of interest, anyway Si's message and a invitation to join poole modlers seem to have put a small light under the gas so this ones for Si you can blame him for this come back once the blunt opinions and remarks start to flow.Still I shall now try to insert the pics20191004_093529.jpg20190927_183043.jpg
So hope that worked tec ain't my strong point ,nice little kit link and length track bit of bling what else could a man ask for ,construction well under way will try to bring you up to speed with more pics asap once again thanks Si and to the rest Racey Wardy Simon T and the rest too many to name I'll try and get this one done.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome back. Interesting choice. PaulE

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see you back blogging David. I hope all goes well with the kit. Certainly looks a great subject

I wouldnt tell too many people about your association with Mr Benson :smiling5: :cool:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
David,
a happy return! Ouch, that looks small - link & length as well? That copper PE is a real pig to work with - I had experience with it on the UM ZSU-37 - a bit too small for me now!
Dave

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
David, good to see you back again

Not seen that version before - odd looking beast

I’ve got the experimental gun tank which comes with a crappy resin turret - did you do that one previously?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi David
Rather strange looking beast. Not heard of Military UM Technics before so interested in seeing how it builds up.
Jim

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I don't know much about armour, but that one looks fast. OK tell me how wrong I am.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks all ,good to see so many familiar names and faces ,MrT still got a good memory I didn't think the turret was that bad detail wasn't very sharp but with the bling added thought it was ok. I love these little kits from the Ukraine not everybody's cuppa but they build up nice with a bit of care plus they produce subjects the big boys wouldn't touch.will get some pics of progress tomorrow and read some of the blurb to let you know a bit about the thing , still happy to just bash the box getting closer to paint time ,now that is scary ,compressor, airbrush, still got a brand new can of primer(aerosol) that I got for Christmas last year once primed is usually when I get a bit more animated so fingers crossed. Dave.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi David.
Good to see you back, :thumb2:well done to Si .
Looks an interesting kit, if it was in 1/35 I would have definitely had some of their stuff, early Russian ! What's not to like, do hope the moulding is better than some other offerings from Eastern Europe .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I don't know much about armour, but that one looks fast. OK tell me how wrong I am.
“Not.”

BT stands for “fast tank” in Russian :smiling3:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Great to see you Dave:thumb2:

I’m happy to be blamed for anything, I got big shoulders. Glad that my nudge has got you going.
Look forward to seeing you build this as I quite like the UM kits and I know you’ll do it justice.

good to have you back:smiling4:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi David, I see you jumped ship about the same time as the rest of this lot. I have only been here a little over a year myself. Great forum and even better folks. I like a small scale build as much as the next guy so will follow along with this crew and see what develops. Rick H.

Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Now you’ve lost me :smiling3:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Afternoon all thanks for your encouragement, very easy build the fit of parts was up there with the rest etch for the engine grill was a bit heavy but showed it the gas cooker , only real gripe would be that most of the spru gates are on the heavy side and very close to the actual spru, I think probably more to do with their plastic and injection technology compared to the big boys still a whole lot of fun for under a tenner ,so here are the pics certain amount of trepidation having to fire up the compressor and airbrush after all this time hope it's not like getting back on a bike because I fell off20191015_113617.jpg20191015_113644.jpg20191015_113700.jpg20191015_113722.jpg20191015_113811.jpg20191015_114058.jpg
Keeping them crossed Dave

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looking good Dave:thumb2:

Any idea what the plates where on the sides?

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Prolly for upper to stand on while overseeing operations or recon teams to observe enemy. Just a guess w/pm cuppa. PaulE

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I think air recognition or to do with aerials of some sort as it's a command tank instructions say their painted silver I'll look at the pegion English plots history and let you know I'm sure I read only two were built coz they were useless?

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Interesting Dave, very interesting! Well done.

Andrew