Extending a booth ??

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Yes i know its little old me again:hungry:

Has anybody making 1 350 battleships made there booths wider so the ship fits inside?

I have one of the larger booths and HMS Daring fits ok BUT ships like KGV and the like will have there bows/ sterns hanging out, into my lovely dusty garage.

Trying to think of a way i can extend the one side but also keeping it as dust free as possible with no air gaps

slupanter

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alexander
I have the classic Floureon booth and I know you can extend them. I am interested in what people say as k have a 1:32 Ar234 to build and I wanted to extend mine.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Mine is from Bartsharp and its the largest one they do, you can attach the same sized booth to almost double its size and i might have to do this, i can possibly feel a birthday ( early lol ) pressie coming;)

D

Deleted member 5496

I started in my flat, little room son my return home, with a B & Q collapsible plastic box . The ones that fold flat. Stick some paper on the floor roof & sides. Use your existing fan unit at the rear & there we have it a a ship's berth.

Finished fold down for next time.

Laurie

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A large cardboard box with the front sliced off and an opening cut out of the back for your current booth.

You'll get a larger volume to work in but still have the extraction.

EDIT: Cross posted with Laurie - a very similar principle.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Also remember that the fan really only stops overspray, and does pull dust in with the airflow. For the ship being sprayed in a dusty environment it might be worth upping the ventilation and using a temporary dust shelter made from a cheap sheet used damp. It will be much cheaper than a larger booth….another option if you want something more permanent is buying a cheap or second hand kitchen cooker hood to use as the extractor, and building a large booth out of painted MDF.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Going completely off the wall, what about a pop up spray tan booth used on its side?

D

Deleted member 5496

Bob My real want is a car spray booth. Filtration & temperature control.

Bedroom is short by a couple of feet. Sad I could sleep in the booth with filtration going all night.
No stuffed up nose in the morning.

Ah well such is this life. But if you have the room Bob. :hungry:

Laurie

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Go for a biological safety cabinet then Laurie. You could just sleep with your head inside, and when spraying leave it on to keep the interior as a dust free environment for your paint to dry. Trouble is they don’t come in for much south of twenty five thousand :loudly-crying:

D

Deleted member 5496

Go for a biological safety cabinet then Laurie. You could just sleep with your head inside, and when spraying leave it on to keep the interior as a dust free environment for your paint to dry. Trouble is they don’t come in for much south of twenty five thousand :loudly-crying:

Very very funny still giggling.

Just thinking get one I could then sleep in my wife's room (snoring solved) & gain space in my model room.
She could let me out in the morning.

Tim do you know if Amazon do them ? :hungry: :tongue-out::smiling:

Laurie

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Going completely off the wall, what about a pop up spray tan booth used on its side?
Bonkers but might work lol
Very very funny still giggling.

Just thinking get one I could then sleep in my wife's room (snoring solved) & gain space in my model room.
She could let me out in the morning.

Tim do you know if Amazon do them ? :hungry: :tongue-out::smiling:

Laurie

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
They usually come with a built in sterilisation system Laurie, and must have been decontaminated before being offered for sale….not sure I’d want a used one without a full history though….

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Could not find a suitable cardboard box but cut up a spare large plastic storage box, able to remove the side wall of the booth to put it in the space. Can easily refit the side panel so can quickly add the box

This gives me about 80cm so able to fit a Hood inside
20210702_114147.jpg

Not a perfect fit but i cover the booth when not used with a bed throw, this covers the gaps at the top perfectly.

Hopefully its sorted now??