F-15 Eagle, (oddity)

M

m1ks

This was an eBay bargain from some time ago when I had just started modelling again and was beginning to build up a stash, never been much of a Jet person and don't know much about them but I saw this which, if memory serves, ended with a total inc P&P of about £3.

The name on the box is 'Hobby model kits', much googling has revealed nothing whatsoever.

It's almost snap together kit basic, but does have the right shape and is a glue assemble model kit, the parts are on 2 sprues and the instructions are laughably simplistic, anyhow, i've been looking at this sitting on the pile for a while now and having recently finished the Typhoon and Hurricane and waiting for the last few bits of the bike i'm doing to be ready I thought, stuff it, it'll be a quick one.

Heres some shots of the box, instructions and model, assembled, filled, (there were some cavernous gaps), primed and (first time), pre-shaded.

I'd guess at the scale as about 1/100? theres a pic next to a 1/72 Typhoon which i'd imagine would be shorter and the fuselage lengths are close hence my guesstimate, (this is again due to the distinct lack of a scale on the box.

Not being remotely familiar with jets does anyone know a good shade of grey to paint this?, most google pics show them grey, one or two with a camo scheme but i'm going basic, i'm not bothered about absolute shade accuracy just a Light / Mid / Dark idea will do, i have a few Tamiya greys to go for in the paint drawer.

Any info on the kit would be appreciated too if anyones ever come across them somewhere? (Poundland? :smiling3: , maybe)

Last edited:
T

treyzx10r

1/144 scale maybe?Very obscure kit ca'nt find anything on it either

Trey

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The F-15 has a wingspan of almost exactly 13m.

At 1/100 the model will have a span of 13cm.

At 1/144 it'll be only 9cm.

Simples.

Steve

M

m1ks

Now you see Steve, that's where I'm lazy and you're not, you'll take the time to check the actual dimensions to do a scale comparison where I just can't be bothered :smiling3:

I'll get the measuring tape across the wingspan shortly.

M

m1ks

First coat of paint on, (Tamiya mid grey, XF53? I think), quite like the colour.

Have to say i'm thoroughly underwhelmed with pre-shading, what an utter waste of time that was, it's all but eradicated after one light coat.

Wingspan BTW is about 12cm, so it's evidently around the 1/100'th area.