F-4E Phantom 526th Ramstein AB, Hasegawa 1/48 scale

P

Phil_Flory

Well all done, all out of the box apart from the Tamiya tape harness and a bit of wiring behind the RIOs panel.

The full build is <<here>>

PM_F-4E_1.jpg

PM_F-4E_2.jpg

PM_F-4E_3.jpg

PM_F-4E_4.jpg

PM_F-4E_5.jpg

PM_F-4E_7.jpg

PM_F-4E_8.jpg

PM_F-4E_9.jpg

PM_F-4E_10.jpg

PM_F-4E_11.jpg

PM_F-4E_12.jpg

PM_F-4E_13.jpg

PM_F-4E_19.jpg

PM_F-4E_15.jpg

PM_F-4E_16.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy modeling

M

Marius

Very very nice! Well done! Great attention for details! The seats are wonderful. The panel lines are very realistic. Great job!

Cheers!

A

AerynPk

That is brilliant im lost for words. There is so much detail i love the cockpit great detail there. Well done mate.

R

rjwood_uk

very nice phil. i am currently enjoying the wonders of your wash!!!

P

Phil_Flory

Thanks, I hope your getting good results with the new wash. We will be bringing out more colours and a new weathering system to work with the wash next year.

R

rapier

Fantastic work - a real inspiration.

Which airbrush do you use Phil?

______

Mike

Last edited:
P

Phil_Flory

Hi Mike,

I use a Harder & Steenbeck Evoluion with a 0.4 needle

HTH

R

RamsteinPilot526

526th Black Knights

Hey if it already hasn't been said then the f-4e that has been shown (which is an amazing model) is not of the 526th but of the 512th dragons squadron. You can see the patch below the cockpit area on the intake and the marking on the tail is yellow which is consistent with the 512ths markings. The Black Knights markings are red.

Just letting you know.

Brice

D

dwoo

\ said:
Hey if it already hasn't been said then the f-4e that has been shown (which is an amazing model) is not of the 526th...Brice
I'm brand new to the forum and your post grabbed me right off the bat for a couple reasons. Before I go there, I wanted to complement your effort. Outstanding looking model. I aspire to achieve similar results someday.

The first reason was that I just completed a Hasagawa 1/48 F-4E just days ago, so the F-4 is fresh on my mind. Secondly, I want to do another F-4E, but this time in the South-East Asia paint scheme. My father flew F-4s with the 526th at Ramstein AFB between '76 and '78. Although Brice's comments are correct, your post excited me at the prospect of finding a kit for any of the various squadron's to which he was assigned would give the build particular meaning to me, not to mention all the hands-on detail advice I could from him.

I don't know where to go about finding a kit of a specific squadron or possibly aftermarket decals of a desired set of marking. Do you have any resources, links of info that shows me what can be found out there?

Again, great looking model.

Thanks,

Daren

Last edited:
I

IronDuke

Excellent Model... !!!!!

Crackin Paint Job.. !!

Very Detailed...!!!!

D

dragon keeper

Ramstein F4

\ said:
Hey if it already hasn't been said then the f-4e that has been shown (which is an amazing model) is not of the 526th but of the 512th dragons squadron. You can see the patch below the cockpit area on the intake and the marking on the tail is yellow which is consistent with the 512ths markings. The Black Knights markings are red. Just letting you know.

Brice
another note the Ramstein F4 didn't have the big D on the tail when I was there in the mid 70's.

Bill

D

dragon keeper

Ramstein F4

Phil I was a crew chief on the Phantom when stationed at Ramstein in the mid 70's and while on the internet I came across your Ramstein F4 and it made me miss that part of my life, I'm now retired and on disability from the Air Force and building a model like this one with such precision is just breath taking and I can't build it myself not just because I don't have that much talent but my disability makes it hard for me to work with my hands, I have hand tremors. Is there a way that I could talk you into building me one, for a fee, but build it with a few differances. The one I crewed the tail number was 68-446 and with a yellow tail and it also was with the 512th TFS Dragons also it didn't have the D on the tail. I'm impressed with your work. Please let me know if you can do this for me.