F6F-5 Hellcat

Sjors

SMF Supporter
First Name
Sjors
Good day to you all!

Because the building of the Blitz truck went so well; its time to up the scale! (or lower in this case)
For my next project is going to be the 1/72 F6F Hellcat kit from Academy.

Kit overview.jpg

For detailing I've bought PE kits from Eduard and Part, some decals, brass machinegun rods and some tiny seagulls!

The Academy kit itself is pretty straight forward; pretty simple cockpit design and overall good quality:

Spures.jpg

Because the F6F is a carrier plane, the idea is to have a little ground base representing that.

f6f-5.JPG

The misses has used my last drop of instant cement yesterday, so the building of the plane has to wait till the weekend.
But no idling around, so I started working on the deck.
The idea I had was to use popsicle sicks, cut those in lenghts, add some relief using a screwdriver to simulate the draining boards:
flooring.JPG
Base 1.jpg
Base 2.jpg
Glued onto the base and cut the strips:
base 3.jpg
Hmmm no the worlds best carpenter but it will do :smiling3:

Next step is painting.
The idea I have is to spray the boarding, except a few to simulate some new planking, black, paint the boards a dark grey en sand over it to have it show some wear:
carrierdeck.jpg

Happy flying guys!
f6f attack.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great example of the timber deck there Sjors, that with some paint and wear will be perfect.
The additions will be good, esp the gulls .:smiling2:

Sjors

SMF Supporter
First Name
Sjors
Good evening guys!
Just a quick update:
IMG_0123.jpeg
The Office is ready for some nice green paint.
Building went a lot easier than expected, none of the tiny bits broke and both of my hands are free from PE!
(Almost cut my thumb, but lets just forget that)

Cheers!