Face mask

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Mark
You can get them here if you are so inclined.....
Personally, after having to wear one for some number of years at work, I wouldn’t bother ;)
As to pest controllers, they wear them for a reason, which happens to be the same reason you should wear one......lung protection...:thumb2:

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
D

Deleted member 7181

That 3M mask is a good one, but as someone that wears a mask day in, day out I'd suggest you also take a look at the Moldex 7000.

Personally I find them more comfortable, the initial purchase cost is slightly lower and replacement filters aren't much more expensive. The filters do have a "better" rating though, especially for particulates (P3 instead of P2)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks a good call Andy, I just went with 3M because I used to use them extensively at work...
Just for those that don’t know so much about this stuff, I think the most important factor for us is probably the organic solvent (A) rating.....closely followed by the particulate (P) rating, higher numbers being better....a spray mask should certainly have a filter fitted that has both A and P ratings though.....

D

Deleted member 7181

One thing I like about the moldex is the ease of swapping the filters around. If you were so inclined you could easily remove the main filters and pop on just the particulate ones for sanding etc, although it's not something I've ever done myself.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
What amazes me after using one is how much colour appears on the outside of the filter....

D

Deleted member 7181

Indeed. It just proves how much could be getting into your lungs if you weren't wearing one! :sick:

D

Deleted member 5496

Which ever mask you get Mark get the correct filter cassettes. Plus a good fitting nose mouth close fit

Assuming you use acrylics a filter for particulates & lacquer. A good manufacturer will list these with
the specification. Plus do not use the filters for ever they need replacing.

Naughty myself & was using the same filters for a good time. Replace & what a difference.

I use a ValueAir Plus which is a good fit good adjustment & provides the necessary filters. But there
are a number of others. Found it best to put in a search rather than buy on Amazon which is restricted
in variety.

Laurie