FAMO und Tiefladeanhänger

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dan, coming on very nicely indeed.

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dan I'm with you, don't care if I never see a bloody plastic track part ever again !

I know Fruils are not cheep , but for my sanity I use them where I can or its a wreak :nerd:

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I'm given to understand that some of you masochists actually enjoy doing these things.
I wouldn’t go that far :smiling3: But looking at your photo, one tip I can give you is to first remove and clean up all the track parts from the sprues, putting the various types of parts in different containers, and only then assemble them. This will speed up assembly because you don’t need to go back and forth between different tasks, which slows you down. Then use the bicycle racer’s mentality of “mind on zero, gaze on infinity” to assemble links until you get bored, in between working on other parts of the model :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good so far ,well done
As Jakko, is saying very good advice I always use a jig to keep the tracks straight,very easy to make up one,
good luck with them and by the time you sit there and complain about them you have them done, ;)

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi Dan I dont usualy work with this large scale stuff and can't quite see from the photo but would it not be possible to glue the blocks to the links whilst links still fixed to the sprue there only seems to be two small attachment gates to each link ,I'd nick through them with the tip of a scaple blade should come away clean enough to not even worry about any clean up. Just a thought. Dave

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Work on other things in between them, just doing a few at a time Dan. It minimises the boredom factor and somehow makes the work go by faster.
Got agree with that. Needed 90ish for each side of my Pz II, doing then in batches of 10 seemed to break it up a bit and I never lost count in between sessions as long as I did 10 at a time!

Last edited:

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Hi Dan I dont usualy work with this large scale stuff and can't quite see from the photo but would it not be possible to glue the blocks to the links whilst links still fixed to the sprue there only seems to be two small attachment gates to each link ,I'd nick through them with the tip of a scaple blade should come away clean enough to not even worry about any clean up. Just a thought. Dave
Hi Dave. You're right, or at least to a degree. The blocks hold the links together so I can't glue them all on but I could leave one of each pair of links on the sprue to reduce fiddliness. Thanks for that.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dan
Tracks, individual links - not the most exciting part of the hobby. It's a great feeling when it's done.
Jim

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Hi Dan
Tracks, individual links - not the most exciting part of the hobby. It's a great feeling when it's done.
Jim

A bit like banging your head against a wall, nice when it stops ?

In all fairness I'm not that upset about doing them. As has been said, once you've got a bit of a routine going it's ok.