Faun transporter and load.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I am not going to get much more out of this, so I am calling it done.

I know I could of used a little more road dust on the tyres but its just driven through a big puddle and washed the treads clean :tongue-out:

Nuff said, picture time-

View attachment 28974 View attachment 28981 View attachment 28980 View attachment 28979 View attachment 28978 View attachment 28977 View attachment 28976 View attachment 28975

A few comments from me then its all yours to comment on.

Why oh why cant Trumpeter put figures in their kits. It would make a lot more sense if there was at least a driver and a passenger or two. I have never had a Trumpy kit that has has a figure in now I think of it!

Revell are just as guilty.

Regarding modern soldiers. Could you get away with the Tamtam modern US soldiers and just paint them in the required colour for the uniforms. Are NATO forces not pretty much the same uniform wise these days?

If I could of got the right figures, I could have done a diorama of the Tank being loaded, also left the doors open on the cab of the truck- not a lot of detail can be seen through the windows!!!

Cheers

Ian M

View attachment 34451

View attachment 34452

View attachment 34453

View attachment 34454

View attachment 34455

View attachment 34456

View attachment 34457

View attachment 34458

180520111081.jpg

180520111089.jpg

180520111086.jpg

180520111082.jpg

180520111085.jpg

180520111083.jpg

180520111088.jpg

180520111084.jpg

M

msm2

Ooooh that is a BIG one.....

A Big 5 Stars from me

Last edited:
N

noble

Very nice job ian the simple dio sets it i think so you get five stars from me, i know what you mean about lack of figures it can be annoying.

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a beauty Ian! ***** from me too.

Gern

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ian

Fabulous truck and load - some serious heavy metal!

With regards to the figures I think all you need is some good reference on the Modern German/Nato clothing and then simply buy the closest looking figures you can to the ref. Any differences I'm sure you could alter with a bit of fine milliput and a a bit of patience.

Personally I quite like it as it stands. In fact, I'd be tempted to cut the base so there's an inch either side of the truck/trailer and then just finish the base with some veneer. The model IS impressive enough and I'd try and focus all the attention on that. You seem to have an errant wheel in pic 6 but it's not like that in pic 4 so I'm guessing they articulate and it's just been slightly knocked when you were taking the pic!

The hydraulic lines, chains and all the other details make a fine looking model - I' m also giving the big 5 star thumbs up!

Cheers Ian

Paul

B

Boldman

Now that is a big bugger!!! Nicely done Ian thats a lot of work and an excellent result! I agree a couple of figures could have really made the setup more dynamic. It does seem to be a problem with modern era modelling, the only figures that seem to be available are American, although Accurate Armour do some great sets, they are not cheap!

5 * from me too!

Oh but one thing - the dust on the tyres ought to be more grey/chalky considering the surface its running on ;) lol only joking stop pulling your hair out... ;)

A

andygh

Brilliant model, love all the pipe hook-ups they really finish it off. 5*

First Name
Mike
Looks great Ian, and all the more realistic for the various chains, hoses and cables hanging off. Nice touch with the windscreen wipers too.

G

Greg147

Really does look good Ian, right down to the tiny details. I can't think of a single thing to add as a constructive critisism. As for the figures, I think it's fine without them. The two vehicles make enough of a showpiece on their own, in my opinion.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Guys.

Boldman: I ain't got much hair to pull out so no worries there. As it was the base was sort of an after thought. As you said it is a BIG bugger and the base was more just to move it about easily.

Tricky; Yes the wheel did get a knock putting the trailer on the base, the last four axles are stearable! It is now in a cabinet and not on the base.!!! (solves the tyre dust problem too, the cabinet is black! :smiling: )

All the chains, bottle screws and rings are brass. The rings where made from brass wire. They where all given a bath in some chemical cocktail that turns brass black. I have tried painting chains before and they looked crappy.

Cheers.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Ian that came out awesome 5 star build ,your attention to detail is truly inspiring!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
It's true, "BIG" is beautiful. Very nice build Ian, and a big five too mate.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great job Ian, the extra detail and work you have put into it is a credit to you.

I'm in the camp which says 'Keep it simple'. Rather like Scott's cracking railway stuff these big models should stand alone so the eye stays where it should...on the centre piece.

Very well done, big 5 for sure.

Ron

T

tommy1drop

Really looks the business, really impressive and a huge beast of a kit!!!!!!!!!

C

Caledonia

Another stunning build and paint job Ian. 5 Star from me. Cheers Derek

p.s. don't you just hate talented people!!

R

rogue-one

thats a cracker ian. 5 stars. and what a monster of a machine!

First Name
Andy
Hi Ian,

This is the kind of model I like, really big trucks (I used to drive things like this), and this is one amazing example, top marks to you Sir...:no1b:

With regards to the absent of figures, you could always say they're on tea break...:thumbs-up:

Andy...

First Name
Charles
Absolutely fabulous. Love the camo too.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Andy! I have the idea in my head that they are not sp much on a tea break but all in the hedge having a pea break !

Thank you too Charles. Coming from you that means a lot. I have seen what you can do with a truck!!!

Ian M