Favourite tool?

R

Rik101

Do you have a favourite tool? Maybe an ol' faithful one? An extremely useful one? Whatever!

I have a scalpel I bought in a local art shop way back in the mists of time. It must be a good 30 years old and has never let me down and has been used for just about every task I can think of.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Mine is a hammer... >:sad: I will bash those models into submission :D

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
tooth pick............get through hundreds.......glue application to scrapers to stirrers to paint stands ...ive even used them to make axles

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
tooth pick............get through hundreds.......glue application to scrapers to stirrers to paint stands ...ive even used them to make axles

I have to agree with Paul, I use a hell of lot too, same uses too.

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mine would have to be toothpicks and my craft knife. Had it quite a few years now.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Tough one. 

I could be tempted to say my favourite tool, or most used tool is the Internet ! I use it for research, kit reviews, finding paint, everything imaginable to help in my builds.

tools on the bench... I rather like my little hold and fold; the bug. But the ones I use the most are my Swann and Morten scalpels .good in the hand, flat so they don't roll off the desk and tail heavy, so if you drop it, it's not the pointy bit that hits your foot. (More often than not :/  )

B

Builder

Favourite Tool - Tamiya Basic File, sanding those nubs, putty filled sections, and even hardened glue.

Most Useful Tool - Airbrush.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
I think one of my favourite tools would be the citadel mould line remover makes everything a doddle, previous posts have mentioned other tools.... hang on a minute Im saying the whole tool box! Couldn't live with out it always the one tool you need.

Cheers,Ben

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A bottle opener.......unless it's a can of course!

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Just a pair of tweezers but they happen to be 15 years old but they have gone missing :sad: