Fellowship of the ring

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
When I posted Gandalf the white, there was a little interest (Monica mostly :cool:) expressed in my older Fellowship figures which predated me joining the forum.....
So here they are.....

Gandalf the Grey...
P1040372.JPG

Strider
P1040373.JPG

Boromir
P1040374.JPG

Legolas (looks a bit zombie apocalypse this one)
P1040375.JPG

Gimli
P1040376.JPG

Merry
P1040379.JPG

Pippin
P1040378.JPG

Samwise (my avatar at the moment)
P1040377.JPG

and Frodo
P1040380.JPG

One last one ot give you an idea of scale...Frodo on the Tamiya pot.....
P1040381.JPG
Not the best pictures, but they have gone to their new owner and I don't have them any more so I can't take any more :tongue-out3:
Hope they are of interest....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tim
Very nice. Great painting given the tiny scale. I have some of these painted by my son 20 years ago when he was a teenager. Not to this standard but nice to have.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Jim. They may be a bit sought after now, because I don’t think they are made any more....

D

Deleted member 4539

These are painted real nice Tim.
I especially like the way you have painted the green colours.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Ralph, love to tell you how I did the greens, but to be honest, these are a couple of years old and I can’t remember the exact colours I used. Probably shaded with dull red and highlighted with yellow greens...sometimes I use flesh colours to give a faded dusty highlight, but that is usually with blacks and browns....with these I think I tried to copy stills from the films..

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Thanks for sharing Tim, these are some great figures. Really well painted considering the scale:thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Si, whaddaya mean”well painted considering the scale” LOL......glad you like them.....
Hi Mick, agreed, but I have an “easy out” on small scale faces these days...the fellowship here were shaded and highlighted with glazes, but Gandalf was two coats of light flesh, washed with VJ flesh wash, then highlighted with light flesh...most of the times eyes are not necessary.....simples....

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking group Tim, it never ceases to amaze me how people like you can paint figures in wargaming scale with such detail.:thumb2::thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Fernando
Thanks for the compliment but it’s mostly smoke and mirrors....you can get away with far cruder shading and highlights than you need with the bigger chaps...

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see them all again Tim. Did you ever do any of the Hobbit figures?? (If there are such a thing)

P

Polux

They look so cool!!
I love the general color on the figures, they look really good. As I said the tonality is perfect to me.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Steve, nice of you to remember them....never done Hobbit figures..they are about, but these are for a friend and he hasn’t bought any for me to paint.

Hi Polux, thanks for that, the tonality is Peter Jackson, not me LOL....

D

Deleted member 6559

Loved these the first time I saw them Tim, and love them still. Phenomenal work.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Tim still looking good a few more years down the line, though these weren't good your recent stuff shows how much more refined your brush work has become ,hope that was the right word. Dave