Fencing

J

johnw

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

I wonder if anyone can help me to find some white plastic fencing about 5mm in height. I need about 4 metres.

Regards. John

R

rjwood_uk

welcome to scale-models, anything you need to ask, dont be afraid.someone on here will be able to help, if not they will always point you in the right direction.

hope you enjoy your visists.

normal fencing or security/wire mesh fencing?

Richard.W

Last edited:
J

johnw

welcome to scale-models, anything you need to ask, dont be afraid.someone on here will be able to help, if not they will always point you in the right direction.hope you enjoy your visists.

normal fencing or security/wire mesh fencing?

Richard.W
Hi Richard, thank you for your kind welcome, I look forward to meeting lots of new friends on this forum.

The fencing I need is the normal `picket` fencing but without the pointed bits on the top :o )

R

rjwood_uk

look on model railway websites. i know my local model shop does them and many other sorts of fencing in the railway diorama acceories section.

tried looking on ebay?

let me know if you find something, if not i will take some pictures of the stuff in my local shop and maybe you could paypal me the price and i will get them for you and post em to you.

obviously this would be a last resort!

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A big welcome JohnW,for your fencing try Slaters,the people who make the Plastikard sheet,they used to do fencing of all scales,you just chopped off what was needed.

J

johnw

A big welcome JohnW' date='for your fencing try Slaters,the people who make the Plastikard sheet,they used to do fencing of all scales,you just chopped off what was needed.[/quote']Thanks for the kind offer Richard, I'll keep you informed. Thanks to Barry to. I've just sent an email off to Slaters so things are looking good:thumbs-up

I did try Ebay BTW. If you look at my `new` gallery you will see my ship that I need the guard rails for. BTW Barry I just popped into your web page and was enthrawled by all those beutifull De-av planes. It brought memories back from the days I built a few aircraft, one of wich is a Tiger Moth. I still have my planes and have a very nice `chipmonk` not finished. I am never able to fly these planes or rarely sail my boats because I'm a full time carer for my sweet wife Beryl after her devastating stroke 11 years ago. The main reason for building anything that can be done at home, being house bound. But I get great therapy and pleasure form building. Take care. Regards. John

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
***We have a lot in common John,I am in a very similar situation being a carer for my dear wife Irene,you are right model building is a wonderful therapy and being able to share out hobby here adds that extra spark,you take care now.

John wrote-

'I am never able to fly these planes or rarely sail my boats because I'm a full time carer for my sweet wife Beryl after her devastating stroke 11 years ago. The main reason for building anything that can be done at home, being house bound. But I get great therapy and pleasure form building. Take care. Regards.' John.