Ferdinand and stalingrad gun spg thing.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well the messed up thumb
20210817_161950.jpg
Has healed up nicely except for the bit that was totaly mullered its gone all quasi modo the lump doesn't hurt isn't dead tingles like a burn when touched but is right where you want to hold parts between finger and thumb making life very difficult.
20211003_151833.jpg
Still the stalingrad thing i started pre thumb the ferdinand built post thumb .
20210923_194902.jpg
20210923_195137.jpg
Fantastic little kit from Zvezda loads of detail snap fit (I still glue) and the way they do the tracks is way in front of the rest. All the cables and tools I paint on the spru and fit prior to weathering not much else to say about this one just Well worth every penny ,paint job more than one colour havent done one for ages so could be interesting.
The little spg is a mirage hobby kit nice and clean a few round peg square hole probs but nothing that wasn't expected. All other construction problems were caused by myself , in my defence I will say the instructions aren't all that but when a part doesn't fit so you hack it till it does only to find you've built the previous wrong never mind no damage done.
Only disappointment was the tracks single length rubber would have preferred link and length. Got them down OK even a bit if sag nice.
20211001_173253.jpg
All good now for primer(both) so clear the table next and bring on the paint will report back when done always think you don't geta feel for them untill primed.
20211003_151501.jpg
Dave.

Attachments

• 20211001_173253.jpg
    20211001_173253.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 2

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Dave, despite the issues. I do like Zvezda and indeed to get some more of their kits.

Sorry to hear the thumb has not healed properly; it can't be easy.

ATB.

Andrew

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Ouch!! The things we go through for our hobby. Kits look great. Looking forward to seeing the wet stuff

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ouch!! The things we go through for our hobby. Kits look great. Looking forward to seeing the wet stuff
Thanks Steve couldn't do anything because of the injury now kinda stuck ,still got the will but need a kick up the rear to get the wet stuff going think I've got kinda model lazy, no work tomoz so will get the primer down im sure once done it will open the gates. Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Quasi Modo...looks like it's growing another thumb...feel your pain, David. The build is still alive...we have our recess at times. Hope the priming will open the floodgates for you.

Cheers,
Richard

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hiya Dave,
Great to see your still knocking out the small stuff shame about the boo-boo …..but after all, It isn’t proper modelling without a bit of claret ;)

Looks like I’ll be adding the Zvezda Ferdinand to the stash after your nod of approval. will have to keep an eye out for the paint work :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great little builds there Dave. Get the paint on bud. Hope the thumb continues to improve though.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Thumb looks painful, hope it improves soon. Really nice builds. Zvezda kits are often rather nice.
Jim

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hiya Dave,
Great to see your still knocking out the small stuff shame about the boo-boo …..but after all, It isn’t proper modelling without a bit of claret ;)

Looks like I’ll be adding the Zvezda Ferdinand to the stash after your nod of approval. will have to keep an eye out for the paint work :thumb2:
Great little builds there Dave. Get the paint on bud. Hope the thumb continues to improve though.
Hi Dave
Thumb looks painful, hope it improves soon. Really nice builds. Zvezda kits are often rather nice.
Jim
Thanks chaps the end of the thumb as you can see was well mullered surprising what you can do with a twenty four ounce hammer , I know I blurt on about them all the time but the Zvezda snap fit kits are brilliant, clean sharp well detailed and the way they do the tracks will blow you away made from plastic there pre scored to bend around the drive sprocket and rear thingy ,under nine quid you'd be fools not to.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's what you can expect mate when you work with your hands .Should have had an office job ;)

Models look fine, don't know if i'd be able to see them to build, but like the part about realizing you've used the wrong part cheered me up :nerd:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
First off thanks to all for the support and encouragement, I've said it before I dont drink but if I did this place would be my favourite pub. Right as mentioned no work today so earned brownie points first hoovered through prepped tea for when they get in played a bit of fortnite ,dont suppose that counts? Cleared the table and set up for a session with the air brush.
Bit apprehensive hadn't done any for a while but as Enry would have said splash it all over(who can remember that one? ) not so much splash more of a slap it all over mig one shot black
20211005_104518.jpg
Used to be a big fan of the rattle can dont know why would never go back now. Any way felt much better with the primer laid down decided to play some more fortnite.
Had some lunch played a bit more got bored went back to the bench.
Stage 1
20211005_145708.jpg
Stage 2
20211005_151528.jpg
20211005_151552.jpg
Stage3
20211005_153848.jpg
Quite pleased so far ,struggled a bit down to one lamp new one on order not due till later in month. All stages were laid down one after the other just flushing a bit of water through the air brush to clean it out ready for next colour why clean loads of times when you can clean it once. Still camo pattern next I think I've got some shade of luftwaffa green somewhere(what I do in private has nothing to do with you)the big question is will it be free hand or do I mask up.
You'll have to wait and see till then stay safe all Dave.

Attachments

• 20211005_153848.jpg
    20211005_153848.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Muhammad Ali, he was on the same advert and that was the last line of his rhyme! He also advertised milk with the Humphries….

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just in case you all think I’ve finally lost the plot….
Cant find the Brut advert though…l.

Reactions: JR