Ferdinand and stalingrad gun spg thing.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely Dave. Build one of these way back in my teens..... Can't remember the manufacturer but I know it didn't look as good as yours does now.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi all , started to work on it now so progressing quite nicely (in my own totally unbiased opinion) just noticed I forgot to spray barrel with final coat but hey only in my world ,doing short spurts rather than sessions anyway a few work in progress shots. I don't want to get boring but these are great little kits. Dave 20211016_120022.jpg
20211016_120041.jpg
20211016_120300.jpg
Oh one small question where's the exhaust on these things?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi all , started to work on it now so progressing quite nicely (in my own totally unbiased opinion) just noticed I forgot to spray barrel with final coat but hey only in my world ,doing short spurts rather than sessions anyway a few work in progress shots. I don't want to get boring but these are great little kits. Dave View attachment 436276
View attachment 436277
View attachment 436278
Lovely work Dave. It actually looks like a 1/35 scaled kit. The weathering is subtle and in scale.

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Dave!!

Very, very nice indeed!

ATB

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking really sweet Dave. Not sure where the exhaust is to be honest. Quite possibly under the toolbox at the back.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Exhausts were above the tracks roughly just in front of the armoured casement, blowing straight down on the tracks from the sponsons, therefore they can not be seen from the side.

ddf74bd98d51373bdb0ccba640e03789 (2).jpg
Panzejager Elephant (5).jpg

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Lovely work Dave. It actually looks like a 1/35 scaled kit. The weathering is subtle and in scale.

Hi all , started to work on it now so progressing quite nicely (in my own totally unbiased opinion) just noticed I forgot to spray barrel with final coat but hey only in my world ,doing short spurts rather than sessions anyway a few work in progress shots. I don't want to get boring but these are great little kits. Dave View attachment 436276
View attachment 436277
View attachment 436278
Short spurts - my problem for quite a while...

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a neat camo Dave, considering the size its really superb. :nerd:
Thanks to Steve we now know:thumb2:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The Ferdinand looks great Dave. The camo and the weathering look spot on.
Cheers
Paul

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
That is a great finish and as others have said it looks 1/35 in the photos.
Jim

Reactions: JR

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well what a too do sprayed the gun barrel how I forgot god knows ,put out some of the stuff I use as a filter/wash to try and bring it in line with the rest using one of thoes round pallet things I thought ooh look a clean bit/hole thing to put your paint/wash stuff in ,set about the job only to think why the swear word is it al metallicy ah that will be the aluminium paint that made that bit of the pallet look empty , I was already loosing intrest in this build this didn't help ,so forced to strip it back to the plastic I snapped the barrel trying to remove it bloody great , drill and pin that now sod it out came the ca lined it all up best as poss left it resting in the gun cradle, anyway out with the hairy stick not setting up a airbrush just for that did my best end product not quite the same as the rest of the vehicle but this has been caused by heat transference of the gun firing ,before some of you put finger to keyboard I dont care its my excuses and I'm sticking to it.
20211026_162403.jpg
Thanks for your help and encouragement along the way I'll put the rest of the pic's in the finished vehicles bit. Dave
As a little foot note £8.80 these little snap fit kits from Zvezda leave a lot of others breathing in their dust nothing moulded on even the tow cables are molded pre shaped so as to fit naturally ive said it before the way the tracks are done is something else ,if everybody starts doing 35th kits like it fruil will go out of bissiness.

Last edited:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Or it could have been a replacement barrel touched up by the crew. Beautiful job altogether regardless.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nothing wrong Dave ok to me:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: The fact that you managed a repair and completed it is great.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great Dave. great finish on a small beastie….
The barrel could actually have been painted grey and been classed as a replacement. I seem to remember that the heatproof paint barrels were finished in before the tank etc got it’s paint jobs was a mid grey…..