Fernando N's Revell 1/144 Airbus A300-600 ST Beluga

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking excellent fernando , crisp paintwork . Ready for those big decal sections now , cheers tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Fernado lookin good but could you please put on a darker seam line where the fusealager open to accept the payload ?
chris

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Afternoon all,

John, Jim, Tony and Chris, thanks guys:thumb2:.

John, that can be interesting for the scratch builder out there with this kit as there are parts to present it open accepting or unloading cargo.
Just need to cut up the fuselage halves and not follow the instructions as they let you use a template in the instructions to make the floor out of cardboard:thinking:
Neat idea Chris, although originally I didn’t want to weather it but with your comment and a pic find online of a well-used no.2, I went along with the washes.

With this week being the last of my three weeks holiday I really needed to get this one finished, been on the bench for too long:rolling:.

The decals were nicely gloss printed and only at the tail a bit out of register but it was the end that needed trimming anyway so no fuss there.
Too bad they are quite thick to apply and a generous application of MicroSet and Sol will get them to fit in an acceptable way, the tail band is two pieces each:
20200101_155049_resized.jpg
Good thing there was some extra blue on the sheet as I needed some more for the band…
With decals dry, I gave them a coat of gloss to seal them in and then it was weathering time.
Wheels and navigation lights were installed too, only lost one of the wingtip lights so the other was tossed, doesn’t look odd without anyway:upside:.

Used a light grey on the white parts and a medium grey for the darker bits.
The light grey was mostly wiped off to leave only a slight amount so the panels are visible but not to look like it’s part of some backwater airliner:
20200101_154925_resized.jpg
20200101_154945_resized.jpg
20200101_155017_resized.jpg
Thanks for Steve and Si setting up the GB and subsequently giving the mojo to tackle this one :thumb2: .
More pics in the completed section, thanks for the support and following all.
Fernando

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Fernando well you have made a very nice build of it an now I can see where it parts to accept the payloads well done very nice build
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Be a bit of a job Fernando to accomplish that , but well with in your skill set . You could have an Air bus wing section going in !

I'll leave now :smiling3:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Thanks guys:thumb2::thumb2: and maybe sometime in the future John when I have more patience for such projects:thinking: