Fernando N's T-800 Endoskeletons

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi everyone,

So glad that Jim started this GB, as I needed the proverbial kick to build some of the various figures I’ve collected over the years:smiling4:.
Chose these as a simple step back into the figure world:
17 pieces each (one optional right arm) and a simple base to put them on:
Some work in assembly required, mainly cleaning up mould seems and a bit of flash here and there.
Base and Terminator #1 finished, onto the next four, also neat that you can pose them in various poses :nerd: .
Will be interesting to paint them and the base in the grim look of the films.

Thanks for looking in.
Fernando

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
One of the greatest film franchises of all time. Seat front and centre for this one. Good luck mate

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Never seen these in model form Fernando, i know you can get some of the vehicles and probably Arnie in vinyl figure form , these look great , cant wait to see them in the paint, cheers tony

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I do like a Terminator - not seen these before

I do however have a 1/6 vinyl T800, a 1/6 Arnie and a 1:1 skull

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Evening all,

Steve, Jim, Tony and Simon welcome and thanks guys :thumb2: .
Pegasus Hobbies also make a Hunter Killer aerial and a tank variant as far as I know.

Apart from some more time spent at cleaning seems and flash than desired it was a relaxing job in the weekends hot weather to assemble all:smiling6::
Also recommend that anyone building these follow the advised glues, my Revell Contacta and UHU liquid ones do not form a proper bond, only keep the parts together if not moved around that much…

Discovered that after painting BTW so nothing to do about that now:rolling:.

When all five and the base were assembled, they got a coat of VJ Black primer and one was a test to see if VJ Chrome was any good:
Found it to light so chose VJ 71.063 Silver as a base coat for the figs:
Will give it some more time to fully cure before starting detail painting and washes:smiling:.

Thanks for looking in.
Fernando

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Evening all,

Steve, thanks and yes the eyes have gotten their red:thumb2:.
Mr.Hobby clear Red over Vallejo Silver gives a good red-light look-a-like:smiling4:.

A little progress has been made despite the temps ruining ones energy and mojo… good thing it has cooled down the last couple of days over here.
Painted the eyes clear Red, some flat White for the teeth and flat Black for the laser guns:
Base got the main colours too, Revell enamels brick Red 37, stone Grey 75, Earth 87 and Black 8 with White 5 for the details:
Good way to use them as my paint palette is more acrylic nowadays:smiling:.

Onto the best part, creating shading, dust etc:cool:.
Fernando

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice update Fernando. Hope the heat wave abates a bit so you can get on with the base

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Evening all,

Greg, thanks just a simple dio from the box nothing huge like your fine work:thumb2:.
Mick, thank you a bit more coming on those five…:thumb2:
Steve, thanks and luckily it cooled down enough for the airbrushing work on the base:thumb2:.
Si, yes we left that one for you mate:smiling5::smiling5:…thanks:thumb2:.

The five Terminators got a wash of A.MIG 1005 Dark Brown to bring out all the details and add some dirty look to them too as if wandering through the wasteland scouring for survivers…
Also rubbed a 6B pencil on the details and corners of the weapons for a more rough look:
They just need a Satin varnish, some extra dirt around the feet and I think they’re finished.

The base was treated with this lot, spots and overlapping misting created the dust and ash look I was looking for after a nuclear winter:
Used A.MIG 1602 Dark Grey and A.MIG 1005 Dark Brown washes to accentuate the shadows more:
Some toning down of the latter is needed, a couple of Matt coats to seal it all in and I think the base is ready too.

Next update will see it together, hopefully as planned.
I’ll be back….:tongue-out3:

Fernando

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Looking cool... the aging its coming along nicely.... and thank you for your compliment... ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Fernando
Looking great. Almost done. A striking set up.
Jim

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this on Fernando, I don’t know how I missed the start, but looking very good, like most I’ve not seen these before.

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Evening all,

Greg, Steve, Jim and Ian, thanks guys:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.

With some extra dusting on the base and on the tin men, all got their Vallejo varnish coats and it was time to glue them on.
After some test poses, I broke out the CA and committed feet to base and all look pretty nice if I may say so myself:smiling4::
The little dio was completed last Wednesday but some things and Dynamo Metalfest kept me from posting the pics:upside:.
Will post more photos in the completed section in a moment.

Thanks for the support everyone, on to the next figure after a wingy or two...

Fernando

D

Deleted member 6559

You may indeed say they look pretty nice Fernando, because they do. Great work that man.