Fernando N's Trumpeter 1/48 RA-5C Vigilante

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking superb now Fernando , loving the colourful decals too . Fantastic additions to the undercarriage legs , cheers tony

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fernando, I can see the pre-shade...nice and subtle and at the right scale effect. :thumb2: The high-vis markings of the era were one of the nicest for decalling.

Cheers,
Richard

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the kind comments guys, much appreciated:thumb2::thumb2:.

Having a bit of a lull in the mojo trying to finish this one, going step by step the past weeks it finally has met the finish line:smiling:.
After the decals settled in, a medium grey wash for the top and a light grey one for the bottom and lighter bits was applied to bring out the panel lines and screws.
This when I found out the biggest gear doors didn’t match up at all with the rest of the bottom so some repainting and they look sort of the same now…

A coat of Satin was applied to seal it all in and give a final sheen to the whole plane.
Next came the scary moment on each build, removing the masking, only minor touch-ups were required.
Guestimated the hinge angle of the canopies and made up a way to mount them, just CA for the front one and some extra rods in black for the rear one.
The nav lights got their colours and I called it done:
20200226_132432_resized.jpg
20200226_132524_resized.jpg
To be honest not a kit for the feint hearted, the size and many moulding defects are a handful in achieving a decent result.
Still great to have this one’s sleek shape on the shelves too:smiling4:.

Thanks to Ron for starting the GB and giving me the push to build it otherwise it’ll be still sitting in the stash:thumb2:.
Thanks to all for the support during the build and more pics will be in the completed section:thumb2:.

Fernando

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Fernando
Late to the party - sorry. What can I say apart from WOW!! Looks a nice kit and some great extras. That cockpit looks stunning. The under carriage looks stunning. The paint job looks stunning. The decals look stunning. You'll have gathered I'm impressed :tongue-out3:
Jim