Fernando's Arma Hobby 1/72 Hurricane Mk.1

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi everyone,
Got this one awhile ago and been itching to build her but this GB is perfect moment:smiling4:
20200709_170439_resized.jpg
Going for the SD-A version by Sgt Antoni Gtowacki ace in a day:
20200709_170513_resized.jpg
The sprues and extra’s in this kit with enough decals for a couple of attempts:
20200709_170008_resized.jpg
20200709_170338_resized.jpg
Just a night’s sleep and then it’ll be fun with those neatly cast parts:cool:
Fernando

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Everything in one box...you can't ask for more Fernando.

Cheers,
Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks like a beauty of a kit fernando , ive got a couple of the other Arma hobby kits and they all look to be excellent, looking forward to how the build goes , cheers tony

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
I've read that these Arma Hobby are really nice kits. It certainly looks promising.
They certainly are Colin, great surface detail and nice fitting parts :thumb2:
Fernando,
that looks pretty comprehensive - no need for any AM parts..............
Dave
Just like some others, all needed in one box for a decent price:thumb2:
Looks a great kit Fernando
Certainly is Ian
Everything in one box...you can't ask for more Fernando.

Cheers,
Richard
They can include some pre-painted IP’s like Eduard, or is that me just being spoiled:tongue-out3:
Jokes aside these are easily painted me thinks, just have to use thin paint to keep the detail.
Looks like a beauty of a kit fernando , ive got a couple of the other Arma hobby kits and they all look to be excellent, looking forward to how the build goes , cheers tony
Hi Tony, the bigger parts like fuselage and wings have a nearly perfect fit, just make sure to test the wheel well fit a couple of times and shave some of the height as I didn’t and it gave me troubles in the wing closing step…:rolling:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice Fernando. I've never made one of their kits, but that one looks very nice indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing it built.

Cheers

Steve

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Evening everyone,

First thing when starting was to test if the fuselage and wings gave the anticipated fit and they did, being so crisply moulded they had to be a perfect fit or close:hungry:
Eagerly started building up the interior and wheel well, with the latter having some flash on top giving troubles when closing the wing, have to blame myself for not double checking…

The office was a nice one to build up, not the simple two piece affair of the old Matchbox but with the interior cage and the controls and dials represented in pe (at least I think all is in there)
When fully painted and weathered, going to be a gem:
20200710_175417_resized.jpg
20200710_175422_resized.jpg
20200710_175432_resized.jpg
20200710_175439_resized.jpg
Got the coat of interior green just on so a good nights of drying before I can move on:smiling4:
20200712_172614_resized.jpg
Thanks for looking in and have a great week!
Fernando

First Name
Wouter
That's a fair bit of etch on the interior. I like it. Good to see a Hurricane at the bench btw!

Cheers

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Nearly finished this kit myself but not for the GB, just need to varnish and add the decals. It was a beautiful build, only problem was my own fault. I cut out the wingtips for the optional lights and then lost one of the lights to the carpet monster had to scratch a replacement.
loved the fact the tyres actually say Dunlop.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Fernando
Looks a great kit although I must admit I had not heard of Arma Hobby. As Wouter said it is nice to have a Hurricane built - always overshadowed by the Spitfire. Very neat start.
Jim

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
That's a fair bit of etch on the interior. I like it. Good to see a Hurricane at the bench btw!

Cheers
Thanks, a bit of a fiddle due to the thickness but when painted an excellent addition to the kit:thumb2:
Some very nice work Fernando.
Thanks Ian:thumb2:
Nearly finished this kit myself but not for the GB, just need to varnish and add the decals. It was a beautiful build, only problem was my own fault. I cut out the wingtips for the optional lights and then lost one of the lights to the carpet monster had to scratch a replacement.
loved the fact the tyres actually say Dunlop.
Arma’s ones are petty detailed indeed, going to be my favorite Hurricanes for the time being:nerd:
This is looking very nice.
Thanks Colin:thumb2:
Smart stuff Fernando. Must be nice not to be frightened of PE.
Thank you,
well each time I have make that step before I’m underway with the etch, especially a multi-part coloured instrument panel still keep me off too at times.
The one of this Hurricane is etch and decals and when finished looks pretty much like an Eduard one:thumb2:
Hi Fernando
Looks a great kit although I must admit I had not heard of Arma Hobby. As Wouter said it is nice to have a Hurricane built - always overshadowed by the Spitfire. Very neat start.
Jim
Thank you Jim, if you can get one of these expert ones, it’s highly recommended for a neat Hurricane build:smiling4:
Fernando,
Looks like a great kit and your doing a great job of it.
Thanks Paul:thumb2:

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Evening all,

Even though I haven’t updated this in the last month, the build continues at a snail’s pace…
Lost the mojo after getting back at work and this heat of the last weeks also takes a number at the mojo especially after work and running, but a small bit each day is still progress
Now I had made some pic of the office and all before sealing her up but I inadvertently erased them:rolling:… dumb yes I know so here some before the paint went on:
20200805_162155_resized.jpg
20200805_162223_resized.jpg
20200805_162248_resized.jpg
20200805_162350_resized.jpg
20200805_162405_resized.jpg
Cave has been like this for a week now, hope it cools down this weekend:thinking:
20200809_153426_resized.jpg
At this stage now with the last major coat on and after removing all the masking a touch-up might be required before the detail work:
20200812_195732_resized.jpg
Have a great and hopefully cool weekend:thumb2:
Fernando