Fernando's Tiran-6 (Trumpeter 1/35 Israeli MBT)

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Afternoon all, been sometime since the last update…so bad at this sometimes…

Thanks everyone for the comments :thumb2: :thumb2:
Richard, the engine deck plates were the offending ones, but glue clamps and patience took care of that.
Came across a documentary some time ago where the narrator used it so that’s where I got the expression, better stolen good than thought up terrible:tongue-out3:

Richard48, it’s a pretty neat kit all together, better to get Fruils for the tracks as it’ll make the sag easier, you’ll see later on:rolling:

A couple of sub-assemblies and many parts were added to festoon the pan with bits making it more a turret:
IMG20201211090105.jpg
IMG20201211090119.jpg
Semi assembly of the tracks were done in 10 piece segments and when still drying they were bent over the sprocket and idler wheels.
Also found a new use for the foam bits I use for masking, keeping the tracks in shape:
IMG20201211090151.jpg
IMG20201211090216.jpg
Next stage was to paint it all, a grey primer with black and white for an easier contrast with the base colour:
IMG20201213175859.jpg
IMG20201213175915.jpg
And a couple of layers of Ammo IDF sand grey, detail work and gloss later:
IMG20201223130613.jpg
Hopefully it dries very fast and I can weather it soon:smiling4:

Thanks for looking in.
Fernando

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Bro,

So now you're going to tell us you did all this work in the last 40 minutes or so............Seriously, Love your etch work and the coat looks good on her too. Drive on Buddy!!! Call you later.......

Prost
Allen

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Ok Bro,

So now you're going to tell us you did all this work in the last 40 minutes or so............Seriously, Love your etch work and the coat looks good on her too. Drive on Buddy!!! Call you later.......

Prost
Allen
LOL, no mate did all this in the past three weeks…
Only forgot to post it till now, something to do with running and a marathon with friends:upside::smiling6:

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Good morning all, thanks for the comments and likes:thumb2:

Having vacation meant I had enough time to fiddle along with the build:cool:
Just a couple of decals to add and it was quite fast to the weathering department, I opted for the second scheme which was more interesting with the markings:
IMG20201226121444.jpg
A brown wash coupled with a dark brown steak effect from AK had the desired effect on the vertical surfaces I was looking for, hope it shows:
IMG20201227080222.jpg

Adding the final bits on and a load of green earth pigment on the tracks and running gear to simulate sand was enough weathering me thinks.
Made up the control wire for the .50 as I couldn't find any good pics on the net.
Not perfect by a long shot, due to the track fit and other bits, I’m still very happy how the sand colour and weathering turned out:
IMG20201230151126.jpg
Hopefully Mr.T can appreciate it too from up there, rest in peace sir…

Neat to have a frying pan turret tank in the collection now and more are sure to follow.
Thanks for looking in.
Fernando

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Nicely finished Fernando, a model to be proud of, Simon would approve, I'm sure.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fernando,
Apologies I had missed this up till now. just had a catch up and its a fine build all round.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Fernando,
Don’t know how I missed this as I look through the recent posts at least twice a day! Mind you I seem to miss a lot of the updates somehow! like they are hidden or something :thinking:

Anyway.... here now and glad I didn’t miss the finish! Very nice indeed mate looking splendid :cool:
I have no doubt MrT would of liked....a great tribute :thumb2: