Fernando's Tiran-6 (Trumpeter 1/35 Israeli MBT)

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi everyone, this is my tribute to Simon T.

Years ago I wanted to start it but the I found out some parts were warped and put it back in the stash…
Being armour, many parts, pe and some defects I found it fitting as a tribute as he didn’t pass on a builders challenge :thumb2:
And maybe some scratch-building too as he was the main influencer in getting me into the dark art of making the things from refs and bits.

Here’s the kit:
20201101_082948_resized.jpg
Many bits and a small frying pan as a turret:
20201101_083142_resized.jpg
The intended scheme, more bits and goodies:
20201101_083343_resized.jpg
Went to business this morning, cleaning up all those seven sprues worth of track links:
20201101_151851_resized.jpg
That’s the tedious work done:smiling6:

Thanks for looking in.
Fernando

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You crazy Bro,

Should have gone for some Friuls, but then again, it's good to see you nipping plastic at the bench again!!! I'll keep a good eye on this baby as it comes together...

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Fernando
Just the sort of kit Simon would have rescued from the attic. He may not have got it finished but he'd have had fun.
Are those black circles in the third photo rubber or black styrene?
Jim

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
You crazy Bro,

Should have gone for some Friuls, but then again, it's good to see you nipping plastic at the bench again!!! I'll keep a good eye on this baby as it comes together...

Prost
Allen
Thanks mate, will get them for the next frying pan Ruskie tank :thumb2:

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Fernando
Just the sort of kit Simon would have rescued from the attic. He may not have got it finished but he'd have had fun.
Are those black circles in the third photo rubber or black styrene?
Jim
Hi Jim, good thing they are just black styrene, might save me some time in painting the wheels or I'll give them a different coat of black:thinking:

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice Fernando.Very partial to any IDF stuff.Plus ive always liked the look of the Tirans especially the Tiran 6.
Got me watching with much interest.
richard
Thanks, I have the same, their adaptation of all sorts of vehicles to suit their needs is most admirable and cool to build :smiling4:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Fernando. Very nice but I’m getting over whelmed looking at all those tiny bits.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's an awesome kit. Simon loved all things IDF. He actually had a chip of paint from an original IDF tank which he used as reference to determine the color of an IDF vehicle. Looking forward to this build immensely. Good luck my friend

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Evening all, thanks for the kind comments:thumb2:
Didn’t know that Steve, makes my build a bit more fitting it seems:smiling4:

Had good progress the last weeks with the hull all together with lots of bling to install, also added brass handles as cleaning up the plastic ones was more work:
20201122_155609_resized.jpg
20201122_155622_resized.jpg
20201122_155700_resized.jpg
Plan to keep the rubber off didn't work out, so a bit more paint work later on...
20201122_155636_resized.jpg
Frying pan turret still clean now and some nice detail on the aluminium barrel even has a etch ring with nuts for the smoke extractor:
20201122_155730_resized.jpg
20201122_155749_resized.jpg
There was one blue air moment thought, tipped the glue bottle over one side, resulting in some drops on the side bin and the front:
20201122_155553_resized.jpg
20201122_155601_resized.jpg
The latter was repaired easily, the raised detail on the bin prevented a thorough sanding, guess the weathering will have to hide it:tongue-out3:
Still many sub-assemblies to make and add to the turret, the tracks will be fun too:upside:

Thanks for looking in.
Fernando

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice Tiramisu Fernando, great to come in when all the bling are added and very neat. The glue spill will add character I guess. You were saying it was warped, which part was it? The tracks would have put me off from day one but you did a good job on it and got it out of the way.

Like the expression frying pan turret. :smiling5:

Cheers,
Richard